PDA

View Full Version : Setanta

Win2Win
1st December 2008, 21:43
:yikes:

Went off 5 mins ago...."No Signal"....all the other channels are fine :headbange

John
1st December 2008, 22:18
It's the stupidest name ever.

TheOldhamWhisper
1st December 2008, 22:20
Mine's fine.

John
1st December 2008, 22:22
Yeah, you have a good name. I like it.

jonahjones
1st December 2008, 23:08
:yikes:

Went off 5 mins ago...."No Signal"....all the other channels are fine :headbange

You want to thank your lucky stars Keith - some of us had to watch it. :)

TheGoodGuy
2nd December 2008, 01:22
There was a piece about Setanta on Watchdog on BBC1 earlier this evening (Monday).

'Hundreds & hundreds' of Setanta subscribers have contacted Watchdog regarding poor visual quality or no signal at all.

Apparently Setanta broadcast from a different satellite to other broadcasters at a 'lower/different' frequency so reception may be compromised.

HOWEVER.....the BBC have 'investigated' & 2 of the subscribers highlighted in the programme were found to have shoddy dish alignment, insecure dish attachment (ie the dish could 'move' under windy/rainy weather conditions) & inferior cable & connectors (badly soldered) to the STB........which would have a detrimental effect on the lower/different frequency reception.

Once these 'problems' were rectified in the cases highlighted in the programme......their Setanta reception was 'perfect'......hence absolving Setanta from any blame (except their s**t customer service.)

I don't have satellite or Setanta myself........I'm just the messenger here....:peeky

presto
2nd December 2008, 02:46
i was going to get a freeview box + recorder for crimbo, for my flat. havn't been restricted to that few since i was a kid :laugh and saw that it came with setanta for 3 months which i was happy about.

anyway in the meantime thaught i would take the old box with me to see me through, but i just couldn't get it to pick up any channels.

turns out there is no signal where i live untill december 2nd ........................... 2009 :headbange:headbange;fire:censored::censored:

Win2Win
2nd December 2008, 09:58
It came back on just before the 2nd half, pity it didn't stay off :splapme

It went off across Europe, so wasn't just me. Didn't the Satellites go down in the European Cup due to bad weather in Austria? :doh

scoobydoo
2nd December 2008, 11:08
Setanta make Sky look like angels in their business dealings...awful company when it comes to customer service.