PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Attwell

jonahjones
14th December 2008, 14:41
The first time I encountered this referee was in the Watford v Reading game this season when he gave a "goal" to Reading even though the ball had gone out for a corner and had gone nowehere near the goal!

The next time was in the Derby v Notts Forest game where he disallowed a late Derby goal in favour of giving a penalty instead (which never was anyway and what ever happened to playing the advantage?). This was then saved and, from the resulting corner, Derby score a great header which he rules-out for a reason nobody has yet to come up with.

I think, well he's doing well, two live Championship games and littered with high-profile errors. I chuckle to myself when I say that, with performances like that, I bet he'll end up in the Premier League sooner rather than later!

And, yes you've guessed it, who pops-up in the middle in the Stoke v Fulham game yesterday and who misses a blatant handball by Danny Higginbotham from a clear and unobsructed view less than ten yards away?!

Take a bow son. :)

scoobydoo
14th December 2008, 15:55
Something tells me this might be his last season...or maybe not knowing the FA! :D

counterfeit
14th December 2008, 20:14
well, it is no worse than the penalty not given by Mike Riley today when Frank Lampard was so blatantly tripped.

Let's be honest here too. I don't care how bad he is or how long his career is - he will still be better than (let's make a token black man a top ref) Uriah Rennie.

pete50
15th December 2008, 12:33
Attwell is being fast tracked to the top and is the darling of the FA. He is pretty well untouchable.
After the non goal we did campaign for the "goal" to be awarded to Attwell officially but the League carried on and credited it as the first own goal in a long career for John Eustace.(no sense of humour or justice!)