PDA

View Full Version : Vegy's Nice Little Earners 2009

vegyjones
2nd January 2009, 04:49
Probably be short lived, but the aim is simple. High SR - Much profit. :D

Saturday 3rd January 2009

1. Carlisle United (6/5) V Walsall

Carlisle United have fallen somewhat below expectations this season. They currently sit perilously close to the relegation area and welcome a Walsall side who are comfortably mid table. However, Carlisle have won 3 of their last 4 league games at home, the only blotch being a defeat to Leicester City, which, given the Leicester's domination of the league at the moment is no surprise. Meanwhile Walsall are on a downturn in form, losing 3 of their last 4 games, and in the other only managing a draw at Cheltenham who are in the relegation area. Carlisle is a long way to go and Walsall would want to be in better form before facing a trip to Brunton Park.

2. Hereford United V Leeds United (10/11)

Leeds' replacement of manager had the desired effect and they ended their winless run of 5 games with a good victory at 7th placed Stockport by 3 goals to 1. Given the calibre of opposition that day, a win at Hereford shouldn't be difficult. Especially as Leeds should still be boosted by the new manager syndrome. Hereford have only won 4 in the league all season and have gone 3 home games without a win. I don't expect them to put up much of a fight and 10/11 seems like a very good price on an away win.

3. Aldershot Town (4/5) V Notts County

Aldershot have won 7 of their 12 home games this season and have won 6 of their last 9 games overall including inflicting defeat on Wycombe Wanderers, the only team in League 2 to manage such a feat this season. Notts County have lost 8 of their last 11 games and have failed to score in 4 of their last 6. 2 of their 3 wins on the road have come at Barnet and Grimsby, two teams struggling near the foot of the table, struggling so bad in fact, that they both lie below Rotherham despite them starting the season with a seventeen point deduction. If form can be relied upon, Aldershot will win this to nil.

Feel free to double or treble these, they are confident picks. Although if you know of my tipping, you may want to steer well clear :laugh

I'll be scoring these as single bets at 1 point each.

:thumbs

Win2Win
2nd January 2009, 10:00
Given up on Orient have we? :thumbs

I like Carlisle, won the last part of a 14 footy accumulator, which paid £3000 in the mid 90's......back in the days I was gambling for 'fun', the weeks after that are blank :ooo :hic

vegyjones
2nd January 2009, 20:21
I personally think Sheffield United are a cash give away at 8/11 against Orient this weekend, but am sticking to League games for this :D