PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Premier League Betting Preview: The 3pm kick-offs

Win2Win Racing
9th January 2009, 14:50
Van Persie set to terrorise Trotters, Everton hit top form in time to humble Hull and can Fulham keept their unbeaten run going against rejuvenated Rovers and who will the unpredictable North East derby? Mike Norman seeks January solace in the weekend's Premier League football clashes...

My grandmother assures me that the only difference between 2009 and 1939 is that we can walk outside without the fear of something dropping from the sky (depending on where you live, that's not strictly true of course).

"It's never been this bad for over 50 years", she says, as I tell my son to go and play on his Xbox 360, his PS3 or his Nintendo DS.

My granny has a point - the weather is absolutely freezing, the country is in a financial mess and Adam's is getting rid of all his staff.... sorry, that should read, Adams' is getting rid of all its staff!

Oh well, at least at 3pm on Saturday afternoon I can sit down, relax and listen to the Premier League footy scores come through on the radio. It's not that I can't watch any of the live football, it's just that my new Sky + isn't connected to any of our four plasmas yet - what a mess!

Arsenal [1.4] v Bolton [12.5]; The Draw [4.6]

Back in the (good old) days when Arsenal were serious title contenders, Bolton used to always cause the Gunners a few problems. Not anymore though - Arsenal have five straight victories over the Trotters and are fancied to make it six, despite their uninspiring form of late and injuries to some key players. To enhance the home win odds try Arsenal/Arsenal at [2.1] in the Half Time/Full Time market.

Those last five games have produced an average of 3.6 goals per game, bringing into play the [3.2] available for Over 3.5 Goals in Saturday's encounter. It's just [1.8] for Over 2.5 Goals and [2.24] for Under 2.5 Goals.

Robin van Persie has been playing well of late and he is my idea of a First Goalscorer and a player To Score at anytime - both should be available to back at around [5.5] and [2.2] respectively once the markets mature.

Everton [1.68] v Hull [6.4]; The Draw [3.95]

Impossible to see past a home win in this fixture. Everton are hitting top form, especially at Goodison Park as their 3-0 victory over Sunderland proved. Hull have won just one of their last 12 games and are conceding far too many goals.

David Moyes' men have kept five consecutive clean sheets in all competitions and another one can be backed at a very appealing [2.42]. 2-0 ([8.6]) and 3-0 ([15.5]) are Correct Score options to keep on the right side of, as too is the [4.5] for Everton to Win Both Halves and Everton/Everton ([2.7]) in the Half Time/Full Time market.

Fulham [2.16] v Blackburn [3.85]; The Draw [3.45]

Full credit to Roy Hodgson, I had Fulham down as relegation candidates in August but they are arguably the surprise team of the season having gone nine Premier League games unbeaten. They are incredibly difficult to beat at Craven Cottage and the [2.16] about another home victory looks worth an investment. Blackburn have improved under Sam Allardyce, but they still look a poor outfit.

Don't expect a thrilling match as Fulham don't concede many and Rovers look to have tightened up defensively. Under 2.5 Goals has to be the call at [1.77] (Over 2.5 Goals is [2.26]) and possibly even Under 1.5 Goals, available to back at [3.2].

1-0 ([7.8]) and 2-0 ([11.5]) to Fulham are possible Correct Scores, and don't rule out a sending off , available to back at [4.0], as Blackburn have the worst disciplinary record of all Premier League teams this season.

Middlesbrough [2.28] v Sunderland [3.6]; The Draw [3.4]

Easily the most anticipated derby match of the season pits unpredictable Boro against unpredictable Sunderland. Seriously, as derby matches go, this one is about as big as Verne Troyer (http://betting.betfair.com/specials/celebrity-big-brother-2009/celebrity-big-brother-day-seven-pinder-ponders-return-to-the-090109.html). It's also an impossible one to call so if you must have a bet then back the draw at [3.4].

Recent fixtures between the two sides have produced plenty of goals so backing Over 2.5 Goals at [2.16] and Over 3.5 Goals at [3.85] have to be considered. I wouldn't rule out a repeat of last season's 2-2 draw either, available to back at [18.5].

It would make good headlines if Stewart Downing scored a goal or two (he will be available to back at around [7.0] To Score at anytime), though I can't help feel that £14.5m in the bank and Adam Johnson on the left wing would have been a better option for Middlesbrough.

Newcastle [2.36] v West Ham [3.45]; The Draw [3.45]

Perhaps the draw is the most likely outcome in this game also as both teams have been in and out of form lately. Newcastle have an injury crisis on their hands whilst West Ham's whole squad is up for sale.... but only at the right price (which means they want to cash in on their best players as the club is in a financial mess).

Games between these two sides are never dull (the last six clashes have averaged four goals per game) so back Over 3.5 Goals at [3.7]. With both teams scoring and conceding regularly throughout the season, have a small investment on both Newcastle/West Ham ([48.0]) and West Ham/Newcastle ([38.0]) in the Half Time/Full Time market.

Michael Owen is the only player I'd consider for the First Goal, and he should be available to back at around [6.5] once the market is up.

Portsmouth [2.94] v Man City [2.68]; The Draw [3.45]

If Portsmouth lose this game (and I think they will) they will be in serious trouble. Tony Adams doesn't inspire confidence and I'm not surprised that players are leaving (or are expected to leave) left, right and centre. City have been awful on the road, but I doubt they will get a better chance than this to turn things around.

A low scoring game is on the cards with Defoe gone, Robinho a doubt, Stephen Ireland suspended and Shaun Wright-Phillips injured. Under 1.5 Goals is available to back at [3.95] and Under 2.5 Goals is [2.0] (Over 2.5 Goals [1.97]). In the Half Time/Full Time markets, Draw/Draw ([5.8]) and Draw/Man City ([7.0]) are the two bets I'm most interested in.

More... (http://betting.betfair.com/football/premiership/saturday-premier-league-betting-preview-the-3pm-kickoffs-090109.html)

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 16:20
Just the four 3.00pm kick-offs today with the games at Fratton Park and Craven Cottage falling foul of the adverse weather.

And the frst goal comes at Goodison Park for Everton through Marouane Fellaini. :)

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 16:21
Michael Owen puts Newcastle ahead at home to West Ham.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 16:31
An old pals-act at St. James' Park sees former Newcastle player Scott Parker feed former Newcastle player Craig Bellamy who equalises for West Ham.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 16:49
Afonso Alves puts 'Boro ahead in the North East Derby and the best little Spaniard we know scores a screamer of a free-kick to put Everton 2-0 up. :)

scoobydoo
10th January 2009, 17:01
and the best little Spaniard we know scores a screamer of a free-kick

Hope he scores another...or anyone! :)

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 17:16
Carlton Cole puts West Ham ahead at Newcastle having trailed 1-0.

scoobydoo
10th January 2009, 17:27
Carlton Cole puts West Ham ahead at Newcastle having trailed 1-0.

I thought he was :censored: but he seems to have scored a few lately. Be a good win for Hammers for sure.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 17:38
Newcastle equalise with a goal from Andy Carroll.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 17:42
Kenwyne Jones equalises for Sunderland at The Riverside.

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 17:45
Arsenal finally take the lead at home to Bolton with a goal from Robin van Persie.

Win2Win
10th January 2009, 17:47
Arsenal finally take the lead at home to Bolton with a goal from Robin van Persie.
Must be :censored: torture for their supporters this season.....

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 21:02

Or even Nicklas Bendtner. :)

By the way, is it safe to wake up?!

Has the 5.30pm game finished yet?! :)

Win2Win
10th January 2009, 21:04
Liverpool are trying not to win again!!!

Let's see if Chelsea/ManU continue the trend....

jonahjones
10th January 2009, 21:10
Liverpool are trying not to win again!!!

Let's see if Chelsea/ManU continue the trend....

It wouldn't surprise me though I do think United will nick it tomorrow.

That is 180 minutes Liverpool have played without scoring a goal against the team who, in my opinion, are the worst team in the league in terms of quality.

scoobydoo
10th January 2009, 21:20
That is 180 minutes Liverpool have played without scoring a goal against the team who, in my opinion, are the worst team in the league in terms of quality.

That is true, champions normally find a way to win those type of games. Liverpool fans were slating him on 606, pretty fickle eh. They are still well postitioned unfortunately and have the points in the bag. But if Utd beat Chelsea tomorrow, youll be able to hear a pin drop in the red half of Scouseland. :D

Win2Win
10th January 2009, 21:45
ManU have to play with Ronaldo in cloud cuckoo land though!