PDA

View Full Version : Premiership Preview And Tips: Liverpool v Everton

Win2Win Racing
18th January 2009, 15:46
With the Reds fighting for the title and the Blues battling for Europe, Richard Walker believes that the 209th Merseyside derby could be one of the best.

Lucky old Setanta, eh? They normally get stuck with second dibs when it comes to televised choices; it's a bit like the fruit & veg stall where you ask for a pound of those lovely-looking apples only to see the bloke reach under the counter and pour your goods into the bag.

Nope, they can't complain this time. And as if this one wanted any more hyping up (Setanta do the hype thing like Sky used to when they first showed football), you've got a repeat performance of the exact same fixture in the FA Cup coming up six days after this clash.

For the hosts, both Fernando Torres and Xabi Alonso are reported fit and I expect them to start. Rafa Benitez has learned through experience not to mess around with this fixture.

Adding to Everton's selection challenges is the suspension of bouffanted midfielder Marouane Fellaini. He joins injured Yakubu, Louis Saha (what a surprise!) and James Vaughan as absentees. David Moyes' team have coped remarkably without recognised firepower, young Victor Anichebe will no doubt be supported by the surging runs of Tim Cahill and Steven Pienaar.

I don't blame anyone for finding it tough to call. This promises to be one of those you'd quite happily watch without money riding on it. But that's not why we're here!
I eventually decided to back The Draw, priced at [3.85]. I do like what I perceive as value and the [1.67] about a Liverpool win in the Match Odds market just couldn't get me excited. Everton are a fancy [6.6] and that really is the one scenario I scored a line through.

Over 2.5 goals for me at [2.26] is one to back; it's just a hunch that the Monday night atmosphere might bring with it a more expansive match-up. Unders can be backed at [1.77] and, for many, will seem the more logical choice.

In a game where big characters come to the fore, I can see Everton's Cahill scoring. He doesn't get too many but they always seem to matter. I think it's a bit bold to go for him as First Goalscorer (around [11.0]). I'll be availing of anything at [5.0] or above on a To Score basis. Steven Gerrard and Torres can seem prohibitively short in this market but they're paid top dollar because they produce when it really matters so I'd never steer you off them.

Finally, a glance towards the Correct Score market is in order, where 0-0 [10.5] and 1-1 [8.4] will both be receiving my support. The [7.2] Betfair favourite is 1-0 to Liverpool and, if it's not the open game I'm reckoning on, you could do a lot worse.

Pundits will play on the Rafa Benitez contract situation but it's barely worthy of consideration once the game kicks off. This is not one to miss.

More... (http://betting.betfair.com/football/premiership/premiership-preview-and-tips-liverpool-v-everton-180109.html)

A_P_McCoy
19th January 2009, 13:26
Ive took the draw for tonights game, think it ould be a very tight affair, and have also had a wee bet on a 0-0 scoreline.

jonahjones
19th January 2009, 14:01
Well, I'm off straight to the pub after work because I hate these games and cannot face them sober.

If there is a winner, may the game be won by the best team on the night.

I sincerely hope that we are not hearing too much about Howard Webb after the game as these clashes have had more than their fair share of controversy recently thank you very much.

Could be worse, could be Mark Clattenburg! :yikes:

See you all after midnight! :)

scoobydoo
19th January 2009, 14:08
If there is a winner, may the game be won by the best team on the night.

:censored: that...in off Cahills :butthead:...free-kick from Arteta...who cares!!! 1-0 Everton. :omg: :D Good luck jj. :thumbs

counterfeit
19th January 2009, 16:53
I have had a little dabble on 0-0. Two really tight teams and both playing quite well.

also, had a small bet on a sending off.

mathare
19th January 2009, 16:58
I have had a little dabble on 0-0.Quick tip for you here - if you ever fancy a 0-0 have a look at the correct score odds and the odds on no goalscorer. Often they are comparable or even the same and the second bet pays out if it finishes 1-0 with an own goal :thumbs

A_P_McCoy
19th January 2009, 23:05
pity about the 0-0 prediction but i had a few bob on the draw, all credit to everton who done well to get a draw out of the match.

vegyjones
19th January 2009, 23:43
Yes, well done Everton who screwed up my Liverpool, Leicester and Havent & Waterlooville treble! :mad:

A_P_McCoy
19th January 2009, 23:45
managed to catch leicester wilth a horse at 9/4

mathare
19th January 2009, 23:49
managed to catch leicester with a horsePiggot? :wink

A_P_McCoy
19th January 2009, 23:53
got him for tax evasion :D

counterfeit
20th January 2009, 17:16
pity about the 0-0 prediction but i had a few bob on the draw, all credit to everton who done well to get a draw out of the match.

I traded out at half time for a profit and made sure I made enough to cover any loss on the sending off bet. Overall, I made a tiny profit. If I had held on for 10 minutes into the second half I probably could have made more.

By the way, WHAT A BLOODY TERRIBLE GAME.