PDA

View Full Version : Fat Virus

Win2Win
26th January 2009, 22:44
:laugh What :censored: next? :splapme

The media is going mad on this, and yet no peer reviewed research exists, and all the experiment was a virus added to stem cells in a petri dish :ermmm

They have not found it doing the same thing in humans.

samantha1303
27th January 2009, 10:32
There was a programme on last night that mentioned this, or perhaps not the one you are referring to but a virus that makes you fat.

It all started when thousands of chickens got ill, it was noticed that they also got fat.
They checked the chickens and they had a virus.
They then took some healthy chickens and injected them with the virus, and as well as getting ill they got fat.

They then checked obese patients and found a high percentage of them had antibodies to the virus meaning they had had the virus at some point.

They can't check it exactly because they are not allowed to inject humans with a virus unfortunately.
The outcome was that is seems if you catch this virus with flu like symptoms you are likely to become fat.

John
27th January 2009, 11:34
I'm 5' 9"/5' 10", and all eight-and-a-half-stone of me could do with a fat virus, it seems. :thumbs

Win2Win
27th January 2009, 11:37
Try snogging Big C then :)

counterfeit
27th January 2009, 13:59
I'm 5' 9"/5' 10", and all eight-and-a-half-stone of me could do with a fat virus, it seems. :thumbs

You can borrow mine on a 30 year lease if you want. I am really bored with it.

bigcumba
27th January 2009, 20:38
all eight-and-a-half-stone of me

That reminds me of those Charles Atlas ads with the 7 stone weakling getting sand kicked in his face. Is thatwhy you moved away from the coast John? :wink

counterfeit
28th January 2009, 13:13
If he is 8.5 stone he'd need to move from the coast or he'd be blown out to sea.

Whereas, I had to move inland to stop the japanese whaling fleet getting me.