PDA

View Full Version : Jet2.com - pants seem to be on fire...

TheOldhamWhisper
30th January 2009, 16:43
Fairly simple to work this one out:

Take a one-way flight to Milan in March - cost £4.99
Come back again just 5 days later - add £0.99

(with me so far? good that's £38.98 including Taxes :omg:)

Luggage? (minimum 1 bag) - £6.99 each way (erm, throwing the bag into a cargo hold costs more than the flight itself?)
Travel Insurance - you can't travel without it, so you may as well have ours - £7.99
Optional extras include being able to reserve your seat at around £3 per person, in flight meal for £7 and upgrade to Jet2plus service for £29.95 (meaning you can get to the airport 2 hours early, check in through the special lanes and only have 2 hours to wait on the 'other side' of check-in).

Grand Total comes to around £110...

...oh yeah, and then there's the booking fee...

...and the credit card surcharge...

...you know what? I think I'll just stay home! ;fire

Win2Win
30th January 2009, 17:49
Adds up to about 1 night in a London hotel!

mathare
30th January 2009, 17:55
I thought the ASA (or whoever) had banned firms from advertising flights at 99p or whetever as that wasn't the true price when you accounted for taxes etc.

Win2Win
30th January 2009, 20:07
I think they 'bend' the rules a bit, as long as they clearly display extra charges.

I notice BMI are offering £100 OFF each flight to Vegas.....so much for booking early :headbange

Phoned the hotel direct last night, moaned about the £/$ so they gave me $16 off a night :)

lowe1
30th January 2009, 21:17
i think all the cheap budget airlines are the same

I have just booked to go to rome in april from liverpool and charges were as follows

Flights £4.99 each way so £20 return for two people

taxes in total £108

one checked in bag and two people checking in at airport £40
the con here is as im booking two people and i have ticked to check in at the airport beacuse of bag they will not allow me to use the check in online option for my wife so it costs a tenner to check wife in at airport.

paying with visa debit card £20

total £188 from advertised flights of £4.99

personal opinion is that they are robbing *******s but tis the only flight from liverpool and still works out one of the cheapest