PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

samantha1303
17th March 2009, 19:23
Yes they are a cheap, no frills airline, but I have flown with them hundreds of times .
The staff in my experience are friendly, the planes are as comfortable as any and I have had no probs.
Until today that is.
I need to get from A to B as quickly as possible.
Ryanair fly from Leeds and Doncaster - excellent.That is why I use them.

So today I book a flight with them from Leeds to Girona not because they are the cheapest but because they actually go from Leeds to Girona.
Then it comes to the luggage question - yes of course I want to take a suitcase I'm abroad for 16 days - the cost for such a priviledge £28.50 EACH nope you don't need specsavers I said £28.50
I could no doubt fly from London with BA cheaper but I dont live in London.
Then theres the booking fee £19 - thats on a debit card, I'm not getting credit off anyone the moment I press confirm it comes out of my bank account why is it £19.
They are having a laugh I would rather them charge more for the flight and put the suitcase charge down so I don't feel so conned

TheOldhamWhisper
17th March 2009, 19:37
They're not on their own...

http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=64691&highlight=jet2.com

samantha1303
17th March 2009, 20:44
£9.50 for check in, if you have case you have to check in you can't do it online.
The scary part is when you are talking about a family of 4.
Hope you have a good time in Rome Tony, you will need a bank loan whilst there but it is a beautiful place - it's the cats birthday today

wb
17th March 2009, 21:07
I always used Ryanair but I'm not so sure anymore.

If anyone here is married to someone from a country that's non-EU be aware that they may not check in online. You must pay the money at the counter.

The wife and I were going to London last week as we've done many times before.

We got to the gate, and this Polish guy told my (Canadian) wife that she couldn't board the flight. They were so bloody rude it was unbelievable and wanted to charge us €400 for two new flights. It was useless speaking to the supervisor and we were more or less told to **** off. We booked a new flight with British Airways, who were absolutely fantastic

lowe1
17th March 2009, 21:09
say hello and happy birthday to the cat Sam, he shares the same birthday as me !!

if he's on facebook tell him to add me easy to find tony lowe

samantha1303
17th March 2009, 21:22
say hello and happy birthday to the cat Sam, he shares the same birthday as me !!

if he's on facebook tell him to add me easy to find tony lowe

Happy Birthday Tony - he says please don't nick the playoff spot

sparkyminer
17th March 2009, 21:56
What would happen if you booked a seat for your suitcase?:D

MattR
17th March 2009, 22:48
:laugh

John
17th March 2009, 23:27
:laugh Genius Sparky!

MattR
18th March 2009, 00:04
What about the name though?

hmm maybe....

Mr L Samsonite
25 Carousel Way
Gatwick

Special requirements: Will need assistance boarding the plane

samantha1303
18th March 2009, 14:38
:laugh
Thats classic

lowe1
21st April 2009, 09:18
£9.50 for check in, if you have case you have to check in you can't do it online.
The scary part is when you are talking about a family of 4.
Hope you have a good time in Rome Tony, you will need a bank loan whilst there but it is a beautiful place - it's the cats birthday today

Rome was amazing Sam and i had to take a morgage out the a pint was one average 5-7 euros and it wasnt even a pint only 1/2 litre
i'm not even going to mention the cost of eating out, though pizza's are out of this world

some photos here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=104257&id=779567812&saved#/album.php?aid=104257&id=779567812&ref=nf

p.s tell the cat that leeds were lucky on saturday :yikes:

samantha1303
21st April 2009, 11:29
Glad you enjoyed it Tony. Nice pictures. It was around that price when I was last there so thats not bad considering at least it hasn't shot up in price. Damn expensive for a night out though .
Leeds wern't lucky they were the best team :laugh

vegyjones
21st April 2009, 14:54
How did you lose to Leeds, even we didn't lose to Leeds :D (Well, this year at least)

lowe1
21st April 2009, 15:17
It was a minor Blip :splapme:splapme

good call by the club though to charge only a £5 for everyone on saturday for our last home game (not including playoffs :D )

vegyjones
21st April 2009, 18:16
Scunthorpe are at Northampton tonight. Big game at both ends of the table.