PDA

View Full Version : The Football Association

jonahjones
29th May 2009, 22:52
Thanks to the FA allocating no fewer than 45,000 tickets to "their family", I find myself in serious danger of not being able to attend my team's first FA Cup Final in fourteen years. ;fire

peza2605
29th May 2009, 22:55
do what i did for the 1990 cup final. pay £330 for a ticket and watch us draw soi noone wins and have a replay...............oh dammit that dont happen now.

by the way i went to every home match and a LOT of aways that year didnt get me a ticket tho.

peza2605
29th May 2009, 22:56
in other words i sympathise. by the way ill be rooting for everton tomorrow.

jonahjones
29th May 2009, 23:02
in other words i sympathise. by the way ill be rooting for everton tomorrow.

Cheers mate, on both levels.

I cannot go without my son and the annoying thing is, I have now got him a ticket, however, it is in a completely different part of the ground.

He is only nine and I can't leave him by himself. :(

peza2605
29th May 2009, 23:14
Cheers mate, on both levels.

I cannot go without my son and the annoying thing is, I have now got him a ticket, however, it is in a completely different part of the ground.

He is only nine and I can't leave him by himself. :(

seriously?. for christs sakes. unbelievable yet believable if you get my drift. football as we know it will be dead soon.

vegyjones
29th May 2009, 23:29
It reallyannoys me that the FA give so many away!

They say they are obliged to give tickets away to every club that enters the competition. Why? They're out!

Football has long forgotten the football fan that travels up and down the country following their team! They are more interested in entertaining those with a few quid who may be considering a bit of sponsorship and those that are afluent enough to pay for the one FA Cup Final every 14 years but doesn't go to a match in between!

I'm really sorry for your predicament Jonah! I too wouldn't be able to send my boy intot the ground on his own!

I don't really know what to suggest! There must be 2 individuals that are sat together that could swap but how you would go about finding them I have no idea. Would the club try and help if you rang them?

Hope everything figures itself out though!

peza2605
29th May 2009, 23:36
i know its not on topic but according to the walsall observer orient will be relegated next year!! well they finish 20th in a 23 team table anyway!:doh

vegyjones
29th May 2009, 23:47
Can you send me a copy Pez. I want to wipe my 'arris with it! :D

MattR
29th May 2009, 23:56
Thanks to the FA allocating no fewer than 45,000 tickets to "their family", I find myself in serious danger of not being able to attend my team's first FA Cup Final in fourteen years. ;fire

It's crap JJ. We had the same thing last year. I'm a season ticket holder and have been for about 20 years now and as we have a low capacity it wasn't an issue for me as we have less season tickets than the FA's pathetic allocation to each team. However as the semi's are now played at Wembley there were people who went to the semi final who couldn't get a ticket for the final as the semi's had about a 7 or 8000 higher allocation of the top of my head. So it was bad enough for a club with 20,000 gates. Double that or more and it is a complete joke. :ermmm

Honestly am absolutely gutted for you if you can't make it. Don't want ot make you feel worse but it was the best moment ever watching football for me as I never thought I'd see the day. Really hope you manage to sort something out.

samantha1303
30th May 2009, 02:27

They say they are obliged to give tickets away to every club that enters the competition. Why? They're out!

Football has long forgotten the football fan that travels up and down the country following their team! They are more interested in entertaining those with a few quid who may be considering a bit of sponsorship and those that are afluent enough to pay for the one FA Cup Final every 14 years but doesn't go to a match in between!
!

Never a truer word was spoken

Win2Win
30th May 2009, 08:34

Did you not buy a pair of Dundee socks? :wink

Win2Win
30th May 2009, 08:35

It's pathetic, they should use that reasoning only for the Charity Shield.

jonahjones
30th May 2009, 09:41
Thanks for all the kind words folks.

Well, it's 9.30am and I am still at home so that can only mean one thing. :(

Win2Win
30th May 2009, 09:53
Well, it's 9.30am and I am still at home so that can only mean one thing. :(
You got drunk last night and woke up with a used condom hanging out of your :butthead: :ooo

jonahjones
30th May 2009, 09:55
You got drunk last night and woke up with a used condom hanging out of your :butthead: :ooo

So it was you was it?! :)

mathare
30th May 2009, 09:57
Well, it's 9.30am and I am still at home so that can only mean one thing. :(You've missed your train! :yikes:

mathare
30th May 2009, 09:59
Flippant remarks aside, I hope Everton win today. Moyes has put together a good squad and coped well with losing almost all the forwards he had to injury. I'd be supporting anyone against Chelsea as I don't like their arrogance and their attempts to buy success but I have developed a bit of soft spot for Everton the past few years too.

jonahjones
30th May 2009, 10:01
You've missed your train! :yikes:

Well, I have missed my transport but, unfortunately, it was intentional. :(

mathare
30th May 2009, 10:04
Well, I have missed my transport but, unfortunately, it was intentional. :(A real shame, I feel for you.

Are Goodison showing the match on a big screen or anything like that?

Win2Win
30th May 2009, 10:13
Go to Haydock and watch the match live :thumbs

Then you can enjoy the double.....horses losing, and Chelsea winning :omg:

MattR
30th May 2009, 10:25
It is ridiculous in an 82,000 capacity stadium that fans who go every week cannot get to watch their team in one of the biggest days of the season. Every year this comes up and nothing is ever done about it.

Like Mat, I really hope Everton win. Moyes has done a great job there and they seem to have got even better since they lost all their forwards earlier in the season. 1-0 Lescott header from a corner.

All the best JJ, hope they win it, just sorry you can't get to see it

peza2605
30th May 2009, 10:33
soory to hear that mate,hope they win for you at least.

jonahjones
30th May 2009, 10:53
I do feel slightly short-changed having been to the last seven European away games and having not missed a game of any real significance for circa twenty six years (as far as I can remember!).

I won't pretend that I haven't shed a tear or two this morning but, whilst it would have been easy to go with the lads and use the ticket I had, it wasn't at all fair on Adam as we have lived this whole thing together and I promised him that, if we went, it would be together.

C'est la vie!

John
30th May 2009, 14:05
Really feel for you Jonah. It's pretty awful that the FA give so many tickets away it leads to a whole host of lifelong supporters not being able to get to the biggest games of the season, not least the FA Cup Final. I really hope Everton do it for you, as like Mat I've taken quite a liking to them in the past couple of seasons, and I can't stand Chelsea. I just wish you and your lad could have been there to see it mate.

TheOldhamWhisper
30th May 2009, 14:33
Welcome, Gary Speed, who is here as a guest of the F.A.

Based on what exactly? Here's the b*ggar who got your ticket!

Sorry to hear your plight Jonah - I think the clubs should enter into a contract next season to boycott the Cup Final unless at least 90% of all tickets are allocated to the fans. They could open their own stadia on Cup Final day and show it on Giant screens. You could then guarantee that the 2011 Cup final had a proper ticket allocation!

jonahjones
31st May 2009, 10:59
I know Chelsea have their sights set higher but I was really disappointed with their fans yesterday.

They were less than animated when they scored and were out-sung by Everton fans throughout, most notably at the final whistle when all you could hear was Everton fans singing the name of David Moyes.

I have spoken to a number of people who left before the presentation who said they couldn't believe the amount of Chelsea fans on or around Wembley Way before the trophy had even been presented. :yikes:

Win2Win
31st May 2009, 11:26
You have to remember about 45,000 fans supported neither teams, thereby reducing the atmosphere by more than 50%

jonahjones
31st May 2009, 11:33
You have to remember about 45,000 fans supported neither teams, thereby reducing the atmosphere by more than 50%

I appreciate that but I wasn't referring to the general atmosphere.

Theoretically at least, both sets of fans had equal number of tickets and we still managed to make more noise than them, despite losing.

mathare
31st May 2009, 12:39
Everton have fans in the true sense of the word. Fantical supporters that really will the team on to do well. Chelsea seem to have picked up a lot of new 'fans' with the new money that came in 5 or 6 years back. Corporate fans. Celebrity fans etc. Not true fans. Sure, Chelsea have a hardcore support same as any club but my general impression is they are the celebrity club of choice too. It's trendy to say you're a Chelsea fan whether you've actually been to a game or not. I live in south-west London and while this has always been a Chelsea area the increase in the number of replica Chelsea shirts over the past few years has been massive. And I doubt many of these 'fans' knew the club existed 10+ years ago.

MattR
31st May 2009, 13:45
I think you're right Mat. You can quite often tell the difference by the aways fans. These by the very nature of travelling away to a game are the fans who have been going for years. Both Chelsea and Man Utd away fans always make a lot of noise. Old Trafford on the other hand can be very quiet especially if they aren't winning.

peza2605
31st May 2009, 17:19
Both Chelsea and Man Utd away fans always make a lot of noise. Old Trafford on the other hand can be very quiet especially if they aren't winning.

and sometimes if they are winning, and its only going to get worse.