PDA

View Full Version : Empire Poker

mathare
14th June 2009, 14:32
Empire, a skin for the Party network, are a site I used to use ages ago. In fact according to my records I last used them in May '07 so just over two years ago. I had left around £50 in my account, I hadn't cashed out as I thought one of these days I may want to go back there and after all it's only £50.

This afternoon the limit cash tables on Bet365 were a bit dead so I thought about playing some SnGs. I don't the tourneys on the iPoker network so I fired up a couple of alternatives - Ladbrokes, and recalling I had some cash in there still, Empire Poker. A quick scan round the Laddies poker lobby and it still seemed quiet even though it has moved to the Microgaming network. It's also not really supported by Poker Tracker so I didn't want to play without having all my tools available. Empire Poker it is then. Hang on, my balance is $0 despite the fact my records show I had around £50 in there. Where has it gone?

I checked my transaction history and for every month during 2008 they were taking $7 to $8 from my account as an inactive account fee! So having my money on deposit and being able to earn interest on it wasn't enough for them - they had to take roughly a fiver out every month as well. I have sent them a proper snotty e-mail about this and certainly will NEVER use them again. I don't know of a single other poker room that operates in this manner. Do they not make enough on the rake without drawing down $8 a month for accounts that aren't in use? ;fire

vegyjones
14th June 2009, 18:06
That does talke the biscuit.
I would guess that they assume you aren't coming back or if you do you will not remember...

but that in no way makes it right, it's just damned rude and I certainly won't ever be using them ever!

mathare
14th June 2009, 18:17
Their response claims it's to combat possible account hacking or fraud - pah!

They also claim the inform players via e-mail of the charges - I can't find any such e-mails from them.

However, they have offered to refund the charges this one time if I go back and play with them.

eruptive plot
18th June 2009, 05:27
take up the offer matt!!!
play a few sit n gos for a few days and then clear it all out

mathare
18th June 2009, 09:06
take up the offer matt!!!
play a few sit n gos for a few days and then clear it all outYou read my mind. I have more than doubled up and am keeping going because the games seem soft enough for me to win at :laugh