PDA

View Full Version : Penolva(Ire)

Godspot
12th July 2009, 22:01
I do so hope that this Karl Burke trained Galileo(Ire) filly takes up her intended engagement at Hamilton on Friday 9.00. She scored a whopping 68 topspeed figure last time out over 12f @ Newbury. The person who writes up the notes about the race said of her run, 'her proximity to the winner (ie. less than one length behind a M A Jarvis trained, OR rated 83 in receipt of 5lbs) may have a detrimental effect on the handicap mark that she receives.'

She was also 6l's in front of a Barry Hills trained colt rated 70.

There are around 70 horses in training on the flat sired by Galileo(Ire), their average official rating is 82. That will do, I hope she is just an average Galileo(Ire) because she is set to start her handicap career from a mark of 57.....

Godspot
17th August 2009, 11:34
H'mm, another dodgy thread! She's in the 7.50 @ Yarmouth tonight but already we are down to 7 runners from 9. Disappointed last time and although she'll prefer the faster ground, I'm quite happy to give this race to either Veiled or Royal Bet (I'll have a pound on each) and watch and wait for some signs of improvement, 3rd would do to these two today?

Godspot
11th November 2009, 11:02
Glad I tagged this thread with the word burke, seems quite apt now but oh dear, the headaches are coming back as I notice Penolva(Ire) is set to run today in the 3.30 @ Southwell. They actually tip her up in the Racing Post suggesting the return to a more suitable trip may suit? I was going to say at some point in the recent past that we may not be seeing the best of her until next year and I think that opinion still stands until further notice, which maybe around 3.45 today but somehow I doubt it...

She has changed stables again & had a couple of fruitless spins on the Irish AW at Dundalk but what makes anyone think 14f @ Southwell is the solution, God alone knows! I have however, noticed that horses returning from UK sorties do rather well back home so will see where she goes next but for this race, I'd rather be on the Blinkered first time (profitable on the AW, though better sprint trips) Stagecoach Emerald or the proven course ability of They All Laughed. Thank you.

MattR
11th November 2009, 16:39
I'd rather be on the Blinkered first time (profitable on the AW, though better sprint trips) Stagecoach Emerald or the proven course ability of They All Laughed. Thank you.

Nice 26.00 Betfair SP on Stagecoach Emerald :thumbs They all laughed 3rd at 7/1 sp as well

Godspot
2nd July 2010, 23:16
I don't believe it! If I didn't have enough winners today - she goes & wins her first start since November, 8/1 off a mark off 49.

Sorry to say I been neglecting the Irish scene bar the major meets while I been doing the spreadsheet for the Speed Fig ting.

Apparently, she is on course for a similar race at the Killarney Festival, can't wait:crazy: