PDA

View Full Version : Refs 5&6!!!!

Win2Win
18th September 2009, 17:14
So what do folk think of the 5th & 6th officials.

I still think it's better (and cheaper) to have the 4th official look at the replay! :doh

One of the official reasons for not having replays by FIFA is that grassroots football can't afford it.....so who is going to pay for 2 extra refs then? :splapme
Anyway, it did seem to have some effect on the game (gave Everton a goal) :thumbs ......and if it stops some of the cheating in the area now they know they are being watched more, I'd say it was a good idea. But we need to see if play through the whole competition.

eastyorkshireracing
19th September 2009, 12:24
Saw a bit of one of the games on Thursday. Clocked the goal official jumping up and down on the spot, he must have been bored :censored:less :laugh

Imagine having to watch the goal that Hull City were attacking :omg:

Gordon

John
19th September 2009, 13:03
Can someone please list all of the referees in a match and explain what they do? I've got:

1. Normal ref - runs around the pitch doing stuff
2. Linesman 1
3. Linesman 2
4. Fourth official - doesn't really do much except occasionally speak to 1. about a decision

Right?

scoobydoo
19th September 2009, 13:18
Can someone please list all of the referees in a match and explain what they do? I've got:

1. Normal ref - runs around the pitch doing stuff
2. Linesman 1
3. Linesman 2
4. Fourth official - doesn't really do much except occasionally speak to 1. about a decision

Right?

Assistant refs (linesman):) assist in offsides and any foul play etc. Fourth officials just keep the managers in their boxes and do the substitutions, plus they also helped send off Zidane in the World Cup Final with the use of TV replay....but dont tell FIFA that as they won't believe you! :D
Now in the Europa League/ or whatever it is called they are having an extra official at each end of the goals....I believe they can assist the ref again with goals, over the line, foul play etc.

I agree with Keith though....just have a fourth official with tv replays and you'll hardly ever be talking about the ref after the game.

vegyjones
19th September 2009, 18:15
It must be cheaper to have T replays and/or goal line technology implemented than paying for two extra officials at every game every week.

We barely have enough people willing to become referees at the moment, how are we going to sustain an extra 2 at each match. I know that the prospect is that this will be a premier league only thing only which I have never agreed with, but I guess with the financial differences involved between the PL and FL now, I suppose that justifies it. But for pete's sake, just let the game make use of the technology that is available.

John
19th September 2009, 20:34
Oh heck, it's all very complicated! Cheers though, Rick. So who are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd officials? :doh

Win2Win
19th September 2009, 20:51
1st is THE REF

2nd & 3rd are just bloody linesmen!

scoobydoo
20th September 2009, 00:07
So who are the 1st, 2nd and 3rd officials? :doh

It depends if you are playing at Anfield or not John. :D It is as Keith says mate. :thumbs

Win2Win
20th September 2009, 08:46
And if you are at Old Trafford all 3 are blind :)

counterfeit
20th September 2009, 08:59
I like the idea of the refs behind the goal - they might catch that cheating diving scouse *****, Gerrard doing the old shot by a sniper routine.

Win2Win
20th September 2009, 09:13
I like the idea of the refs behind the goal - they might catch that cheating diving scouse *****, Gerrard doing the old shot by a sniper routine.
And I must publicly thank the Mancs for teaching the scousers how to dive so well. :thumbs

John
21st September 2009, 01:36
1st is THE REF

2nd & 3rd are just bloody linesmen!

I thought so. At this rate there'll be more refs than players! :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

tovarich
23rd September 2009, 20:31
I have so little interest in present day football that I can hardly be a***d getting involved in the current diving debate. However it has to be said that justice must be done, and seen to be done.

Players diving in the penalty area is nothing new and I remember back in the fifties seeing a player called Sammy Wilson (I think) who played for The G'ers who found himself unable to stand up as soon as he crossed the white line into the penalty area.

Eduardo's dive was criminal and every crime should be punished, especially in todays footballing world, with so much money at stake. So it is up to the FA (not UEFA) to take the necessary action to save their game and and punish the culprits.

If Eduardo, or any other player, was banned for a minimum of 28 days from all football (including Internationals), football grounds, training grounds etc with the resultant loss of income would he think twice before diving a second time and deter other players from trying.

If Arsenal, or any other club, were fined a minimum of £100,000 for a first offence of a player caught diving, with an increase of £25,000 for each subsequent dive would Monsieur Wenger (or whoever)put a stop to it. Of course this could only be where there are cameras present but the income from the fines would cover the original costs and later perhaps only one live camera and a couple of dummy ones so players wouldn't know if they are being filmed or not.

Could help to save our game, no?

But then who the h*ll cares?:anger

Win2Win
23rd September 2009, 20:43
But then who the h*ll cares?:anger
The supporters who put most of the money in the game care, but those who run it are on another planet and can't be :ass2