PDA

View Full Version : New mobile phones

mathare
26th September 2009, 09:58
I'm not one to rant much (at least on here) but over the past few years I have noticed a trend that really annoys me - manufacturers/networks not including full user manuals when you but a new mobile phone. ;fire

I upgraded to a Samsung Blade (from a 3 year old Sony Ericsson handset) in the week and it comes with a small, slim manual that tells you the basics plus some irrelevant (to me) crap. Can I find a proper user manual to see how this phone works? Can I hell!

I don't know how half the thing works, or why some bits don't seem to work at all when I press them. How am I supposed to find these things out? I have been through the phone simulator on Vodafone's website but that doesn't cover what I want to know. It's like I need to go on a training course now to get the best out of my phone. :headbange

I have this one on a 7 day trial period and at this rate it's going back unless someone can show me how to use the thing properly

MattR
26th September 2009, 10:26
Mat, I think most phone manuals can be found on the company's websites these days, was it not on there? Cheap way out of course. :rolleyes:

mathare
26th September 2009, 10:31
I haven't checked the Samsung site explicitly because the phone I have is Vodafone branded (the Blade is the Vodafone version of the S5600) and as such has some different options and other new features exclusive to Vodafone.

Win2Win
26th September 2009, 10:44
Not understanding the functions without a manual is a sign of aging :)

mathare
26th September 2009, 10:48
Not understanding the functions without a manual is a sign of aging :)I know! :helper

It's also a sign of the phones getting more complicated than they need to be