PDA

View Full Version : Young Drivers

lowe1
14th October 2009, 17:31
Should be banned from driving after 10pm with more than 2 passengers in the car for the first year of their license ::swear::swear::swear::swear::swear

My nephew was killed at the weekend at 1:45am sat morning due to the driver who has not long had his license driving at exessive speeds in blanket fog ::swear::swear::swear there is not one skid mark on the road and the police think he just went to fast and couldnt see the road in the fog ( apparently you couldnt see past your bonnet that night ) and ploughed straight into a house on a straight road. Hope his sentence is a long custodial one

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2009/10/14/familys-tribute-to-crash-victim-17/

mathare
14th October 2009, 17:43
Oh my god! Really sorry to hear that Tony

lowe1
14th October 2009, 17:56
Cheers mate been at my sisters since Sunday didnt sink in properly until yesterday when we went to see his body.

The other 2 in the car are fine one walked away with bruises the other one has spinal injuries but will be ok in a week or two

Win2Win
14th October 2009, 18:12
Sorry about that mate. :(

ne of my family was killed a few years back by a young driver hitting him head on.

Insurance costs a fortune for the young, and it should be 6 months jail without it...minimum.

John
14th October 2009, 18:45
Really sorry Tony. That's awful. :(

And you're right, there should be stricter rules in place for young drivers. I'm 24, don't drive, but if I did I would be super careful.

Iron Chris
14th October 2009, 20:48
Very sad news Tony...:(

Best wishes to all concerned.

bigcumba
14th October 2009, 20:57
I saw your posts on Facebook Tony and wondered what had happened... now I know. Jeez how sad and tragic. So many of them jump in their cars and think themselves invincible... like a video game, you get 3 lives.... and all too often it's someone innocent that gets the worst of it.

Street cry
14th October 2009, 23:13
Sorry for your loss Tony , nothing to be said that can help but very sad for you

vegyjones
14th October 2009, 23:13
Tony, that's terrible. Very sorry to hear such a tragic story, and my best wishes go out to you and your family.

lowe1
10th March 2010, 22:36
The driver has been officially arrested this week causing death by dangerous driving.

The police told us they had to arrest him early even though they still havent finished all checks as he was due to disapear to Peru with his peruvian girlfriend.

Sor far the car did not have a valid MOT and he was driving at 60mph in thick fog. Apprently they can tell by the impacr damage of car and house.

mathare
10th March 2010, 22:39
Glad to hear you're getting some justice on this one Tony