PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens when maitenance means nothing

lowe1
3rd November 2009, 16:22
http://www.3news.co.nz/Timor-West-Atlas-rig-blaze-continues/tabid/421/articleID/127959/cat/61/Default.aspx

The well had ben leaking for some months a lot of lives could have ben lost here due to poorly run Asian drilling companies

below is from the original email with photos that somebody sent me

hey mate, well this is what happen... we intersected at 9.30am pumped all the mud we had in the 8pits and off the boat then pumped sea water behind it...
i knocked off shift at lunch time 12pm, walked up the stairs and went to the back of the rig it was 12.16pm on my watch i looked up.. then wooosh... the West Atlas was infused by a ball of fire... it was massive. then all the oil that had covered the rig caught fire, by 12.42pm the accomodation was on fire and the derrick was starting to melt,
by 1.03pm the derrick had fallen over onto the canterlever, and the hydralic hpu unit ignited with a ball of fire... so yeah she's melting away....

If anyone is interested in the photos pm me your email

Win2Win
3rd November 2009, 16:55
As usual with big companies when trying to save 1p, it ends up costing them $$$Millions :splapme

scoobydoo
3rd November 2009, 18:01
sent pm thanks Tony :)

lowe1
3rd November 2009, 18:15
Scooby email sent , i would put them up on here but i have the slowest intertnet in the world out here in the desert :mad:

Scooby if you dont mind stick a few photos on here so everyone can see if they are not to big :thumbs

ok Just to explain in my first post if people aren't sure the derrick is the big thing that sticks up in the middle of the rig and the cantilever is the thing between the derrick and the accommodation block

scoobydoo
3rd November 2009, 18:29
Put up a few photos Tony, cheers for sending. :)