PDA

View Full Version : aol

eruptive plot
13th November 2009, 10:29
not too sure if this is a rant because ive benefitted.
a month ago i bought a high spec router,but last thursday(8 days ago) the internet sign on my router went red,and i was offline.
i checked all my connections and even changed wires to make sure it wasnt me.
so on the sunday i gave aol a ring,and a very friendly raj told me that they would not do a line test because my router was no supported by aol;fire.
after me blowing my top and telling them that i no longer want to be a part of the aol team,they told me that they would send me a new router and that they would cut my subs from 18 squid down to a tenner.
anyway wednesday they done a line test and could find nothing;fire,and asked me to ring back in an hour.so i decided to ring back yesterday.they done 2 more line tests and told me that i had a good connection but there were no packets or logs sent back.
so my line was reset at the exchange and hey presto the world is great again:D.
but why all that nonsense in the first place,ive now got 2 routers and a halfprice isp

Win2Win
13th November 2009, 10:54
The helplines work on the basis that the customer is a complete retard when it comes to computers, and they know best. This works well for over 90% of the population :D

For those of us who are computer savvy it is just irritating.

You make a good point, with all companies scraping for business, if you have finished a 12 month contract with any company, call them and tell them you are moving elsewhere for a better deal ..... then wait for them to make an offer, waffle a bit, then take it :) Sometimes you can get 50% off a month, or in the case of my parents, Virgin Media XL for the price of the M.