PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hart sacked

mathare
24th November 2009, 19:06
He was offered the technical director role developing players aged 18-21 but declined it so has left the club with immediate effect.

First team coaches Ian Woan and ex-Grimsby manager and one of my heroes, Paul Groves, are in temporary charge.

scoobydoo
24th November 2009, 19:39
First team coaches Ian Woan and ex-Grimsby manager and one of my heroes, Paul Groves, are in temporary charge.

Is that before Grant takes it you think? I reckon he will get it if his permit is sorted out and probably wouldn't be a bad choice eh?

mathare
24th November 2009, 19:45
Is that before Grant takes it you think? I reckon he will get it if his permit is sorted out and probably wouldn't be a bad choice eh?The bookies have installed Darren Ferguson as 6/4 fav apparently

scoobydoo
24th November 2009, 19:52
The bookies have installed Darren Ferguson as 6/4 fav apparently

Have they? :omg: Has he got the experience for a premiership job at this moment- it is a different thing altogether isn't it.

mathare
24th November 2009, 19:57
Have they? :omg:Apparently, yes. Not sure who that's with but I bet it's Victor Chandler as they are not only usually the first to set up a next manager market they are always the first to crow about it.

Has he got the experience for a premiership job at this moment- it is a different thing altogether isn't it.No way has he got the experience for this job, but imagine him getting it and them playing Man Utd :laugh Now imagine Pompey winning that match - son beating father :yikes: He'd be way out of his depth in a Tony Adams sort of way but he's available and they are after a quick appointment so who knows. If I was an Arab plunging money into Portsmouth though I don't think I would want it left in the hands of what is basically a boy in a man's world.

mathare
24th November 2009, 20:02
Apparently, yes. Not sure who that's with but I bet it's Victor Chandler as they are not only usually the first to set up a next manager market they are always the first to crow about it.It is with Chandler and all bets are void if Avram Grant gets it.

Some interesting names in there though. Mancini, Hoddle, McClaren - the usual suspects. What about Gareth Southgate at 16/1?

scoobydoo
24th November 2009, 20:09
What about Gareth Southgate at 16/1?

Yeah they might have left a nought of him Mat! :laugh

I am pretty sure this is going to Avram Grant once they get the work permit, I bet Hart probably knew this as well when he came in as technical director. Maybe Matt knows something on the Pompey jungle drums?

MattR
24th November 2009, 20:45
I would think it will be Grant. They've been waiting on his work permit - perhaps it's come through? I don't think they'll appoint anyone high profile as they have no cash as we are the only club that can get taken over by a billionairre with no money :doh I don't think anyone high profile will want it at this stage, especially if we cannot buy in January. I don't think it would make much difference if it was Mourinho or my 5 year old nephew in charge, the only hope of staying up with the players we have now is if Hull, Wolves and Bolton can manage to gain less points than us!

It's a shame Hart wouldn't go back to his youth job as he was doing a great job there. They shouldn't have promoted him up really, should have left him to get on with the fine job he was doing. I would imagine it would be very difficult to save face and move back down to that job so he felt there was no alternative but to walk.

peza2605
24th November 2009, 21:40
darren ferguson, first game in charge against his dad? if the game was on sky it would be definate.

MattR
24th November 2009, 21:48
I guess if Grant gets the 'football director' role then someone like Darren Ferguson could come in alongside him.

MattR
24th November 2009, 21:48
Oh and Peza, beware the new manager jinx :wink

peza2605
24th November 2009, 21:54
Oh and Peza, beware the new manager jinx :wink

you know me,ive already got that in mind.

MattR
24th November 2009, 22:45
:laugh

I know we do have quite a good record against you in the Premier but I honestly can't see it this time. It would have to be a pretty bad performance from Man Utd for us to beat them at the moment. We don't look like scoring at all. Our 4 against Wigan was perhaps put into perspective by Spurs!