PDA

View Full Version : Just how gullible....

TheOldhamWhisper
20th December 2009, 13:37
Rage in the Machine (or something like that) are 'doing us all a favour' by trying to keep the latest X-factor wannabe star off the number 1 slot...

...and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they'd be lucky to make the top 100 otherwise...

...and they want to stick it to Simon Cowell - ooh, I bet SC is dreading the hundred thousand or so people who really want to see the X-factor record at No1 over Christmas actually going out and buying it now...

SPELL G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E ::swear

Win2Win
20th December 2009, 13:41
Not bothered which wins they are both exceptional Christmas songs :rolleyes:

TooTall
20th December 2009, 14:09
I dont think it was rage against the machines idea to be fair. The song is 10-15 years old. Its just an internet campaign that got a bit of momentum

Godspot
20th December 2009, 14:14
I been doing my best to ignore this whole fiasco all week - I been getting emails from remnants of the Anti-War Movement (whatever happened to?) telling me to make a stand against capitalism & war & go out & buy this record/CD...... plz, plz, plz - GET ME OFF THIS LIST!!!

mathare
20th December 2009, 14:21
telling me to make a stand against capitalism & war & go out & buy this recordGenius! :laugh An anti-capitalist campaign asking you to buy something :splapme

scoobydoo
20th December 2009, 15:54
Even by Cowell's standards, that song is :butthead:. It is shocking what kids will buy today, bring back Slade & Wizard for Xmas.

Win2Win
20th December 2009, 16:52
Could do with Ozzy bringing out an Xmas song... now he IS Xmas :thumbs

wb
20th December 2009, 18:36
Is there any truth in the rumour that Cowell has a stake in their record company? That would be a pretty smart move if it's true.

Win2Win
20th December 2009, 19:03
As far as I'm aware, yes.... I think he has his finger in most of the top 10!!!

bigcumba
21st December 2009, 12:08
The Rage Against The Machine campaign was intended to raise money for charity, which it has done - over £70,000 so far. You can't knock the couple who started it for that. I think it's been brilliant.

lowe1
21st December 2009, 12:24
Rage in the Machine (or something like that) are 'doing us all a favour' by trying to keep the latest X-factor wannabe star off the number 1 slot...

...and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they'd be lucky to make the top 100 otherwise...

SPELL G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E ::swear

Sorry mate have to disagree , Rage against the machine are one of the biggest selling artists in contemporary music, their debut album " rage against the machine" was triple platinum and every tour they do is a sell out.
This band who write their own songs will be around a lot longer and sell more records than any manufactured singer / rock band

I totally hate any x factor type program with a passion

scoobydoo
21st December 2009, 12:31
Apparently that was one of the biggest upsets in chart history. Thank God they have kept that pile of :censored: off the top, at least for 1 week.

bigcumba
21st December 2009, 12:43
Sorry mate have to disagree , Rage against the machine are one of the biggest selling artists in contemporary music, their debut album " rage against the machine" was triple platinum and every tour they do is a sell out.
This band who write their own songs will be around a lot longer and sell more records than any manufactured singer / rock band

Totally agree Tony... amazing band, especially live, been around nearly 20 years now apart from the couple of years they did the Audioslave project, where will young Joe be in 12 months... the same bargain bin as Steve what's his name, Leon Thingummy from 2 years back, dumped by his record company... They got lucky with Leona Lewis, she is undoubtedly a stunning, and talented girl, likely to be at the top for years.. and Alexandra Burke is a decent singer too... but so many of them are just poor copies of what's already out there.

TheOldhamWhisper
22nd December 2009, 14:43
Both records are on the same label!

Well done on raising the money for charity - but I would have been more impressed if they had said thet ALL proceeds from the sale of both records would go to charity.

And it's good to see Facebookers have a sense of humour with the 'Get the Sex Pistols' God Save The Queen to N01 in time for her Birthday' group!!