PDA

View Full Version : punishment ?

mick56
11th January 2010, 16:51
Have just read the news item about the 16yo who tipped a bottle of bleach over a lady's head,this young man and at 16 he can be considered closer to man than boy, who had previous convictions for hitting someone on the head with a brick has been sentenced for the former,to 12months secure detention,what ever that means,and has apparently all ready been told that he will be out after 6 months.

The victim is now understandably frighten to leave the house.I feel the number of restrictions now placed on our police,prevents them from doing the job,and the restrictions,placed on our courts prevents them from handing out a sentence which fits the crime.

Because now even young criminals,do not expect to get caught,but are not frightened of the consequences if they do.I would like to see some changes to the above before things get even worse and it would not surprise me if this was the majority view.

bigcumba
11th January 2010, 20:22
What about Myleene Klass getting told off by the police for waving around a big kitchen knife to try an scare off burglars at her house when she was on her own... what the hell's she supposed to do, let them in to do as they please to the house and maybe even her. I'll never vote Tory but one policy of theirs I agree with is giving back some power to people to allow you to defend your own house with reasonable force.

mick56
11th January 2010, 20:46
what about myleene klass getting told off by the police for waving around a big kitchen knife to try an scare off burglars at her house when she was on her own... What the hell's she supposed to do, let them in to do as they please to the house and maybe even her. I'll never vote tory but one policy of theirs i agree with is giving back some power to people to allow you to defend your own house with reasonable force.

hear hear

Paul99
12th January 2010, 10:51
If she hadnt have scared them off...and they had come into her house...THEN WHAT??? We could have been reading a story about her having been attacked, either violently and sexually...

I dont understand our government and their policies on dealing with crime and criminals!

tovarich
12th January 2010, 12:11
Maybe the law is an ass!

mick56
12th January 2010, 13:30
Maybe the law is an ass!

certainly the people who formulate our laws appear to be,most of whom never suffer the consequences of thier in actions.

Street cry
12th January 2010, 14:02
It's all going to the dogs i tell ya as soon as i have enough money i am off

mick56
12th January 2010, 14:48
It's all going to the dogs i tell ya as soon as i have enough money i am off

understand that mate and its a view shared by many,but you should go because you want to not because you feel you have to.
And what about the people who will never have the opportunity to go.

When i read that there are parts of our country,which are virtual no go areas for the police,where elderly folk and women are frightened to go out during the day time,let alone at night,it makes me so ashamed.

The police and the courts could do the job,if the politicians would let them but because the latter are so out of touch with the world they appear almost oblivious to the problems that an increasing number of decent citizens face.