PDA

View Full Version : The Scrappage Scheme!

tovarich
14th February 2010, 23:46
Has anyone on this forum taken advantage of this stupid Government's much advertised Scrappage Scheme to get themselves a new car?

If I was driving around in a ten-year-old car and had a spare £ 10,000 lying in my bank account wouldn't I be tempted to spend it to get something decent?

This idiotic Government (Lady Mandy) doesn't want that, do they. They want me to borrow money, get ino debt, just like them.

The Labour Party last year was £20 Million in debt and asked the TUC to bail them out which the Unions were happy to do.. But of course there would be a proviso, "we make the rules"

Come on Gordon, give us an election, don't bottle it again.

barrelmaniac
15th February 2010, 02:40
My parents used the scrappage sceme to trade in their 3 yr old ford fusion and and old banger to get a brand new kia rio for only a one off payment of £300, ok its a bit of a cheaper car than the equivilent ford fusion, but I think all in all they got a great deal.

But generally I do feel that the scrappage sceme just stopped car manufacturers doing a lot of their own discounts, It was just like free advertising to many dealers into tricking people into thinking they were getting a great deal when most of them would have been mediocre at best

Win2Win
15th February 2010, 09:41
They got a good deal from taxpayers money, and they bought a US car not a British one .... hang on, their are no British cars, they've all vanished in the last 12 years :splapme

tovarich
15th February 2010, 12:23
I think Morgan are still turning out two cars a week in Malvern and they are still British (I think) :D

barrelmaniac
15th February 2010, 15:15
They got a good deal from taxpayers money, and they bought a US car not a British one .... hang on, their are no British cars, they've all vanished in the last 12 years :splapme

thats right, hardly does a great job of trying to keep the uk's trade deficit under contol!!!:laugh