PDA

View Full Version : Sing when you're losing

wb
24th March 2010, 23:24
People say that football fans only sing when they are winning and it's probably true.

However, I'm off to Glasgow this weekend to cheer on Celtic. :splapme

Have to say, it seems a bit pointless but we booked it ages ago so we don't care and we're going to have a good weekend on the beer as we always do when we go to Scotland.

They've just took another hammering tonight - 4-0 to St Mirren. :laugh

It's bad enough if your team is local, but think of all the Irish people that travel over each week spending their hard earned. I must be nuts to be honest!

mathare
24th March 2010, 23:35
On the bright side, Rangers lost in the cup

vegyjones
24th March 2010, 23:41
Is Tony Mowbray for the chop soon Wayne.

I can't imagine being 10 pints behind the Gers having played 2 games more is what most of the Celtic following expect!

wb
24th March 2010, 23:56
Dunno Vegy, it's gas - when you think of the stick Strachan got. Seems a bit wrong now! I actually liked Strachan to be honest and thought he had a tough job trying to fill O'Neill's boots with the team clearly on the slide.

The anti-Mowbray campaign is gaining strong momentum. To be honest, I'm not one for calling for managers to be sacked; no-one gets a chance anymore. But to lose away to St Mirren for the first time in over 20 years is terrible. But to lose 4-0 is a disgrace. Unfortunately, I expect the green side of Glasgow to be subdued on my weekend away but I'll make the most of it!

scoobydoo
24th March 2010, 23:58
I just looked at BBC Sport and can't believe that score, he is facing a huge uphill battle now to stay isn't he? You wonder if he has lost the players, you would have to say he has on that performance. :ermmm

wb
25th March 2010, 00:00
The whole SPL has gone downhill so much. I remember a few years back, there used to be arguments on this forum about Celtic and Rangers joining the Premier League. That seems laughable now to be honest.

scoobydoo
25th March 2010, 00:08
The whole SPL has gone downhill so much. I remember a few years back, there used to be arguments on this forum about Celtic and Rangers joining the Premier League. That seems laughable now to be honest.

I remember watching in 92 when Rangers took on Leeds and beat them over 2 legs in the European Cup, got to the semi's that year didnt they? Rangers used to buy some of the best English players, you look at both Celtic and Rangers sides today and there is just no comparison. A lot of them wouldn't have got near The Old Firm reserve sides then, it's a real shame.

mathare
25th March 2010, 17:02
Looks like Mowbray has been sacked