PDA

View Full Version : UK general election voting begins

Win2Win Racing
6th May 2010, 09:30
Millions of people across the UK begin casting their votes in the general election that will decide the next government.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8663716.stm)

mick56
6th May 2010, 10:08
I live in an area of fairly dense housing,with i would imagine a good cross section of political residents,yet i have not had a single candidate or canvasser from any party knock on my door,in an attempt to put thier case.

I am not complaining but find it strange in comparison with previouse elections.Have all of them got fed up with the electorate wanting to talk about the expenses scandal?.

tovarich
6th May 2010, 11:18
As you say, Mick, they're probably all p****d off with the abuse they've all been getting so keeping their heads down. (In case they do wally?)

Win2Win
6th May 2010, 11:45
Last time the Tories had a surprise win in our area .... by 133 votes!!!! I have a feeling it'll be more this time.

scoobydoo
6th May 2010, 11:52
I had a Tory knock on my door yesterday...how very dare she! :) Where I live it is always Tory, even in 1997 it was still Tory, it will always be Tory!

barrelmaniac
6th May 2010, 11:58
Im voting Conservative, not that it will make any difference down here as it is strongly usually Lib Dem. Its a crap voting system IMO