PDA

View Full Version : Tories and Lib Dems in deal talks

Win2Win Racing
8th May 2010, 04:42
Talks between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats went late into Friday as the parties try to do a deal to form the next government.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8669409.stm)

mick56
8th May 2010, 08:50
During the past 24hrs numerous politicians while being interviewed have spoke about respecting the rights,and choices of the British Electorate,strange how this only occurs when it suits.

The way i perceive the result is that it is a mass protest vote,i do not no what the alternative is but it appears to me that most of us are fed up with the lot of them.

Hung parliament is appropriate,we should start building the scaffold for the majority of them.

I have always felt that cynicism is a wasted emotion,but increasingly this is how i look on our politicians.Years ago when members from any party spoke of a genuine desire to serve us and thier country then this was often believable.These days the only thing i belive is that the majority are there to serve themselves,and that is at our expense.

bigcumba
8th May 2010, 11:06
I was talking to a friend about all this yesterday too.. the whole cynicism thing. There are very few politicians around these days who seem to put principles first.. and between us we could only come up with a small number.. and those are very much old school, and retired from frontline politics.. Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, and from the other side, Ann Widdicombe.. and from the LibDems, both Paddy Ashdown and David Steel.. I can't think of any more I would trust or admire.

mick56
8th May 2010, 11:58
I was talking to a friend about all this yesterday too.. the whole cynicism thing. There are very few politicians around these days who seem to put principles first.. and between us we could only come up with a small number.. and those are very much old school, and retired from frontline politics.. Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, and from the other side, Ann Widdicombe.. and from the LibDems, both Paddy Ashdown and David Steel.. I can't think of any more I would trust or admire.

Hi BC would not dispute your above choices, and its nice to no the creature does existe albeit in the past but the one i would include is Cecil Smith,As a Liberal he got elected in his home constituency,because i think of his perceived integrity and the work he did for people there as opposed to at Westminster. As i recall he spoke as he found even when it would be against his party's interests.But again as you say old school.

Win2Win
8th May 2010, 12:35
Well I'm glad the Tories got back into my area, won by 133 votes a few years back, this time about 9000. That's a big swing.

I think the country will do better with a hung parliament than having one lot of muppets running the country for another 13 years :yikes: