PDA

View Full Version : Students to pay more, says Cable

Win2Win Racing
15th July 2010, 23:30
Future students should expect to pay more for a university education, possibly through a graduate tax, says Business Secretary Vince Cable.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-10649459)

vegyjones
16th July 2010, 00:07
Isn't it a worry that University life is becoming the 'norm' for people who leave school.

Universities were supposed to bring support the more intelligent in society.

But with courses in just about everything from media studies to duck plucking, surely the value of a degree is going down and we are depriving society of people able to take on roles that do not require a university education.

Win2Win
16th July 2010, 09:13
I mentioned this yesterday and was ignored! :heartshape1:

As a business owner myself, I feel I am full qualified to speak on behalf of every business on the planet :rolleyes: ....... Most Uni leavers these days can't find a job simply because business knows the degree they have is about as useful as Vegy giving tips on training horses :kissass:

They first watered down school qualifications, and then the Uni's .... so everyone can pass .... which makes no sense whatsoever :voodoo:

My lad told me yesterday he got "1 distinction and 8 merits" in his computer course.... what the ::swear does that mean? Pass or fail??? That's all business wants to know :anerikke: ..... and as I know nearly everything their is to know about computers, I know full well that after 2 years he's learnt sod all. Can't fix them, doesn't know how to track the cause of crash, can't use simple HTML ..... what the ::swear did they teach him? ..... oh... and the government paid him £30 a week for attending for £12 hours a week :confused:

My daughter on the other hand is in years 2 in the same college, does 4 days for £30 a week :anerikke: .... but is learning a trade as a hairdresser. My lads just finished his 4th year, as he spent 2 doing gas fitting..... because it was easy money.