PDA

View Full Version : No benefit 'cleansing' - Johnson

Win2Win Racing
28th October 2010, 14:13
MPs are to discuss controversial planned reforms to housing benefit, as Boris Johnson warns he will not accept a "Kosovo style" exodus from London.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/uk-politics-11640219)

scoobydoo
28th October 2010, 14:19
Ooh now Cameron is is trouble....lovely! :laugh Whatever side you come down on this, just for a moment think about Nick Clegg here.(if you can) Can you imagine for 1 minute that this man would agree with this policy had this just been a Tory government? What planet is he on these days...maybe he is smoking more than just the fags eh. The man has left all of his principles at the end of Downing Street, he is finished as a politician once the next election comes about. We will have a 'Portillo moment' where he will lose his Sheffield seat...was it all worth it Nick? :ermmm

barrelmaniac
28th October 2010, 15:19
Personally I dont think that as a low income taxpayer that my taxes should go towards people living in accommodation that I couldn't afford, why should I pay for people on benefits that are not working to have a better quality of life than I have?

scoobydoo
28th October 2010, 15:41
Personally I dont think that as a low income taxpayer that my taxes should go towards people living in accommodation that I couldn't afford, why should I pay for people on benefits that are not working to have a better quality of life than I have?

Well that is your opinion and you express it well. You'll be quite happy with the policy then.

Win2Win
28th October 2010, 16:16
Housing benefit should be capped, but as with the Council Tax, the cap should be in line with local prices rather than a single cap for the whole country..... O knew someone who used to get the rent paid by the taxpayer, and it was over £8000 a month :yikes: .... yet my best mate lives in a 5 bedroom house in Edinburgh for £800 a month and it's in a nice place.

scoobydoo
28th October 2010, 17:25
Absolutely right, if you are going to cap it at least have the sense to see London & South-East is far different from other parts of the UK. Jesus if Boris Johnson is against it, you know it might just be a step too far...even for this mob. What is amusing though is Clegg & Cable attacking Johnson for his remarks- you couldn't make it up as some right-wing nutcase says! :biggrin: The Lib Dems are doing the Tories dirty work....bet they cannot believe their luck!