PDA

View Full Version : Cameron defends EU budget talks

Win2Win Racing
29th October 2010, 13:06
UK PM David Cameron says he has protected British taxpayers by putting the spotlight on reining in EU budget "excesses" at a Brussels summit.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/uk-politics-11651851)

scoobydoo
29th October 2010, 14:31
The funny thing about being in government is a 2.9% increase in the budget is seen as a victory...whereas if he had still been Leader of the Opposition, a 2.9% increase under Brown would've been surrender! You work out what Cameron is. :smile:

Win2Win
29th October 2010, 15:11
They haven't signed off any accounts yet for the EU :doh1: .... it's more corrupt than any government in Asia :ermmm

tovarich
29th October 2010, 19:06
The funny thing about being in government is a 2.9% increase in the budget is seen as a victory...whereas if he had still been Leader of the Opposition, a 2.9% increase under Brown would've been surrender! You work out what Cameron is. :smile:

Considering that the EU parliament wanted a 5.9% increase, then to beat them down to 2.9% must be a "Glorious" victory! No?

Now if Blair had been in charge then I'm sure he would have agreed to 5% increase, after all he wanted so badly to be the first European President and wouldn't want to upset the apple cart,. Would he?

Anyway, Cameron's only been in charge for 5 months and that isn't long enough to judge his policies. He knows he only has 4 1/2 years (at most) to try and put right 13 years of stupidity by The "New" type of Labour.

Cast your mind back a few years, if you can, and remember that Baroness Thatcher had the same problems of trying to patch up the country after the mess left by the Wilson and Callaghan Governments and she did, and remember,when "New" Labour came in they inherited four successive years of increased productivity and what did they do with it?

We all know that the immediate future is not going to be easy for anybody but I think Cameron should be given a chance to put things right.

And don't forget he always has Milliband and Johnson to advise him on what measures to take!

scoobydoo
29th October 2010, 19:55
Ask yourself this tov, if Brown had got 2.9%, would this have been surrender..yes or no?

Win2Win
30th October 2010, 09:22
I think it should be a fixed fee for being in the 'club' and set for 10 years..... the MEP's, EU Parliament, etc will have to do what everyone else does.... budget :rolleyes:

Most of this money goes to Eastern Europe.... and yet most of them live here :doh

scoobydoo
30th October 2010, 11:54
It is funny you should say that as Romania wanted more of an increase, even Ireland didn't sign the 2.9% increase either. I am not sure most of them live here Keith! & if they were, they are all off back now the Tories are in charge! :biggrin:

bigcumba
30th October 2010, 12:23
Don't you love it, just a few months into the new Government, and already their own side are sticking knives in.. Boris having a serious pop, and old Tebbitt suggesting Cameron should have stuck to his guns and gone down fighting over this increase for Europe, instead of giving in Vichy style.. you gotta love old Norm, just how far to the right do you need to be before he gives you a pat on the back and says well done son!

scoobydoo
30th October 2010, 13:52
Don't you love it, just a few months into the new Government, and already their own side are sticking knives in.. Boris having a serious pop, and old Tebbitt suggesting Cameron should have stuck to his guns and gone down fighting over this increase for Europe, instead of giving in Vichy style.. you gotta love old Norm, just how far to the right do you need to be before he gives you a pat on the back and says well done son!

Yeah just think what it will be like in 2 years or so when the cuts have had a real effect on us all. I dont think this government will make 2015, sooner or later Lib Dems are going to fall out with their Tory masters and it is going to fall down. The damage has been done for them but nearer the election, you will see it I promise you. I can't say anything about Norm on here, it would be far too offensive! :omg: But I would like to know what Tov thinks of him? :laugh

bigcumba
30th October 2010, 15:19
I think, and hope, that the Lib Dems will get utterly wiped off the map at the next election, for the devious two faced lying :censored::censored::censored: they are..

scoobydoo
30th October 2010, 15:44
I think, and hope, that the Lib Dems will get utterly wiped off the map at the next election, for the devious two faced lying :censored::censored::censored: they are.. I hate them with a passion. I mean you know what the Tories are, it is a given. But give the Lib Dems one sniff of a Daimler seat and they forget everything. Don't give me this 'compromise in a coalition' stuff either Nick...they are going to pay a heavy price for what they have done. People won't forget Clegg, they really wont. Who knew that the Lib Dems were really Tories in disguise?

Win2Win
31st October 2010, 09:37
I always thought Tebbitt's acting skills on Spitting Image deserved an Oscar :biggrin:

bigcumba
31st October 2010, 10:34
I always thought Tebbitt's acting skills on Spitting Image deserved an Oscar :biggrin:

:laugh yes it was kind of difficult for him to pretend to be a Nazi sympathising puppet.. allegedly...