PDA

View Full Version : Prince William to marry next year

Win2Win Racing
16th November 2010, 14:03
Prince William is to marry long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton next year after the couple became engaged in Kenya, Clarence House says.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/uk-11765422)

Win2Win
16th November 2010, 16:11
...and it'll be a national holiday.....bit late for the racing calender it's already done :doh1:

barrelmaniac
16th November 2010, 17:19
its a bit over egged on the news= its interesting news for about 10 seconds but its on tv constantly

Godspot
16th November 2010, 18:04
Oh :thumbsdown: More dead Palestinians!

scoobydoo
16th November 2010, 18:23
So I feel another Martin Bashir type interview in about 12-14 years then. :rolleyes: I couldnt give less a :censored: about this....viva la Republic! :laugh

mathare
16th November 2010, 20:46
Oh :thumbsdown: More dead Palestinians!

Is that the 'in' gift for a royal engagement then?

"Ah, congratulations William and Kate. We weren't sure if you needed a toaster or some new tea towels but we heard recently that dead Palestinians are very popular these days so we got you half a dozen of them. You can use them as coasters apparently."

vegyjones
16th November 2010, 23:16
"Ah, congratulations William and Kate. We weren't sure if you needed a toaster or some new tea towels but we heard recently that dead Palestinians are very popular these days so we got you half a dozen of them. You can use them as coasters apparently."

Is that like one of those restaurants where you get to eat food off the naked lady! Only a load on naked dead palestinians instead. Might catch on.

Godspot
17th November 2010, 04:02
Is that the 'in' gift for a royal engagement then?

I was getting at Barrrelmaniac's comment about the media coverage - like Obama's election night, when Israel ended a 6 month cease-fire - it goes pretty much un-noticed when all the cameras are facing the other way.

But also, really, I was never anti-monarchy but if these two dum dorks keep donning their uniforms & justifying our involvement in the illegal occupation of Afghanistan - then it's time to abolish the royal family, imho.

mathare
17th November 2010, 09:38
I was getting at Barrrelmaniac's comment about the media coverage - like Obama's election night, when Israel ended a 6 month cease-fire - it goes pretty much un-noticed when all the cameras are facing the other way.I hadn't really realised that GS. I can't believe you've posted something I've found interesting :wink::heartshape1:

Win2Win
17th November 2010, 09:52
We know UK news has gone the same way as the US and they hammer one story to death for weeks. Thankfully we have access to the French news channel, Al Jazeera and others :thumbs

If the marriage makes a lot of people in the country feel good, then I don't have a problem with it, nor the Royal family, we individually waste more money ourselves by leaving TV's, etc, on standby for a year than what we pay to them in tax.