PDA

View Full Version : Nick Williams

Godspot
28th November 2010, 16:21
I suppose he's a rising star but while there's not much racing on - I just did a search on Youtube to see if Diamond Harry's Hennessy has been uploaded yet to add to my growing collection of great races & found this - which may be of interest as there are links to many stable tour vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqd8I_TqNEk

Win2Win
29th November 2010, 09:57
I've never been bothered with stable tours, unlikely you'll get the trainer bringing a horse out and telling the public this one is complete :censored:. :laugh

Godspot
30th November 2010, 02:59
I've never been bothered with stable tours, unlikely you'll get the trainer bringing a horse out and telling the public this one is complete :censored:. :laugh

I beg to differ somewhat there Keith - I do like the new Racing Post addition of the Stable Tour interviews (though you have to subscribe) and have found a couple of well spoken of lightly raced types in races where there is not much form to go on & the other day I did see a comment by Alan King who described one of his runners as 'most disappointing & if he doesn't produce soon, he's off to the sales.'

They were calling this vintage before the off but there's no doubt on the clock imho - almost a course record on good-soft ground!!

I gave the 1st & 2nd 176 & Denman a personal best 187.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9vnML1nVnk&feature=fvw

Win2Win
30th November 2010, 10:57
Sales = French food market :rolleyes:

Godspot
19th February 2011, 04:52
Can this be moved to the Horses to Follow thread plz? Gold Cup's coming.....:happyboun

Godspot
22nd February 2011, 05:12
Can this be moved to the Horses to Follow thread plz? Gold Cup's coming.....:happyboun

Is it possible for me to move it?

Godspot
23rd February 2011, 20:07
Yah - winner - GS & rpr top tated - must be coincidinc or smth!

mathare
23rd February 2011, 23:15
Is it possible for me to move it?I moved it today for you. I don't always read every thread so if there are any more to be moved you might want to let me know in a special thread marked for my attention or something along those lines, unless you have PM rights in which case that'd be best

Godspot
25th February 2011, 02:19
That'll do me for now Mathare, thanks...

I like this trainer - not many show a profit on all runners over the last 5 years - he's especially good with his chasers, as the double at Ludlow showed again yesterday. Think there's more to come from them both too, perhaps more likely Ere Alfie, what with him being 4 years younger etc etc....:smile:

Godspot
6th March 2011, 00:51
Dear oh dear, Diamond Harry is out of the game for a few months due to injury -

From the RP (http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/cheltenham-festival-cheltenham-nick-williams-injury-rules-diamond-harry-out-of-gold-cup/825850/cheltenhamfestival/)

As short as 7-1 with Coral for the Gold Cup, but a 10-1 chance with the sponsors, Diamond Harry, along with King George winner Long Run, was regarded by many as one of the few up-and-coming chasers capable of shaking up the established order of Imperial Commander, Kauto Star and Denman, whom he memorably beat in the Hennessy in November.

Diamond Harry trainer Nick Williams

PICTURE: Edward Whitaker

He has not raced since then though, with Williams keen to keep him fresh for Cheltenham.

However, the trainer issued a downbeat bulletin on his stable star last week, saying he was not showing the same sparkle he had before the Hennessy.

"I hadn't been happy with him and said last week that he'd lost his sparkle and it could easily be that something was ailing him," Williams told the Racing Post on Friday evening.

"He was lame so I took him to the vets and he's done a suspensory ligament on his near-fore.

"We had four hours at the vets today and that's how we found out. He'll be out for about three to four months."