PDA

View Full Version : Cable may abstain from fees vote

Win2Win Racing
30th November 2010, 20:28
Business Secretary Vince Cable tells the BBC he may abstain in the vote on university tuition fees - a stance Labour call "appalling".

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/uk-politics-11874406)

vegyjones
30th November 2010, 23:28
Only a no vote is really going to give any of the Lib Dem cabinet ministers any respectability and even that is too little too late now.

I was in fabour of the abolition of dtudent fees, but after seeing the damage the disrespectful little *******s have done on their protrests I'm all for doubling the fees at the moment.

Why should eveyone be entitled to free University anyway. Surely obly the most intelligent are supposed to attain degrees. The more who have one, the more worthless they are aren't they?

Win2Win
1st December 2010, 11:38
Well our tax money is supposed to pay for them as an 'investment' for the future of the country, but Labour managed to change it so 'average' and 'thick' kids could go as well..... which is a waste of our money, especially with some of the pathetic degrees you get these days.

Let's concentrate the money on those who get say 6+ A Levels, all B or above, as thanks to Labour even an 'F' isn't a failure these days in the education world.... although I can promise you it is in the business world, which makes it worthless.

Plus parents need to start investing in a fund when the child is born for their education instead of expecting tax payers to cover all the costs.