PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Fly powers to victory

Win2Win Racing
6th May 2011, 18:16
Hurricane Fly produces a superb late surge to romp to victory in the Rabobank Champion Hurdle at Punchestown, repeating his 2010 win.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/horse_racing/13316175.stm)

Win2Win
6th May 2011, 23:08
That was impressive :thumbs .... Some great races at the Punchestown Festival.

Godspot
7th May 2011, 00:24
That was impressive :thumbs .... Some great races at the Punchestown Festival.

I dunno why C4 didn't pester them to have that meet in the afternoon & have the best televised - it was a serious quality card.

as for Hurricane Fly, I just done the ratings for the meet & I'm afraid Kid Cassidy ran faster today - best on the card.

Nice to see my local trainer Hobbs have a winner again too...

Win2Win
7th May 2011, 09:14
Which doesn't mean Kid Cassidy is better than Hurricane Fly. If you seen Fly's start then they all stood around after the tapes went up, it took about 7-10 seconds before Binocular decided to set off and make it .... slowly. So the times in Fly's race are very misleading.

Godspot
7th May 2011, 10:22
Which doesn't mean Kid Cassidy is better than Hurricane Fly. If you seen Fly's start then they all stood around after the tapes went up, it took about 7-10 seconds before Binocular decided to set off and make it .... slowly. So the times in Fly's race are very misleading.

I didn't say he was better, the Fly is a dab hand when fresh in these small fields & has a terrific burst of speed, he didn't need to show his best to win off a slow pace -

Kid Cassidy on the other hand, ran a career best & ran to a mark that is within 10lb of the best/ or whatever Hurricane Fly has ran to so far - be interesting to see what other speed merchants make of it but I reckon he'll be a contender for top honors next year on this running?

Win2Win
7th May 2011, 10:38
I didn't say he was better.....

I know you never, but I was making it clear because the majority of people think that the top speed rated is the best horse, when it isn't in many cases. You have to use all ratings as a 'guide' only.