PDA

View Full Version : Manchester celebrates double win

Win2Win Racing
14th May 2011, 21:50
The city of Manchester completes a remarkable double on Saturday as its two football clubs win the Premier League and the FA Cup.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/front_page/13401504.stm)

vegyjones
14th May 2011, 23:23
I like the way, during Manchester City's FA Cup celebrations, they put on an advert for the Barcvelona Man United Champions league final. Sure all the City fans appreciated that!

yerotsluap
14th May 2011, 23:26
The best bit was surely the wembley tannoy playing we are the champions prior to kick off while Man Utd were still on pitch at Ewood Park celebrating

scoobydoo
15th May 2011, 11:52
Hands up who got the consolation prize? :laugh The FA Cup is just not the same anymore...maybe it is the memories I have as a kid but this used to be so special.Stoke never showed up yesterday, very disappointing effort. & another thing, ITV's picture quality is dreadful...they seem to compress the pictures much more than the BBC, they dont deserve any football imo.

Win2Win
15th May 2011, 13:03
I complained to ITV during the 2006 World Cup when it was even worse.... as soon as the camera moved all the crowd turned into fuzzy blocks.... although probably the best way to deal with Rangers fans :biggrin:

scoobydoo
15th May 2011, 14:22
It is terrible isn't it, just not good enough really. Surely the powers that be can see it as well?? :thumbsdown:

vegyjones
15th May 2011, 14:22
It's not the same without the full morning's bukld up on the telly. Starting at 1pm makes it just another televised match.

scoobydoo
15th May 2011, 14:27
Next season will be great...nobody will be trying at all so look out for the first non-league final...Lincoln v Grimsby :biggrin: