PDA

View Full Version : Terry backs Wilshere summer break

Win2Win Racing
4th June 2011, 10:31
England captain John Terry backs Jack Wilshere's omission from the squad for this month's European Under-21 Championship to protect him from burnout.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/13653177.stm)

scoobydoo
4th June 2011, 10:34
The fact is Wenger should not have played him as much this last season, then it wouldn't be a problem would it. They know most players have some sort of international obligation in the summer so in my opinion it is poor management.

MattR
4th June 2011, 18:09
In an ideal world you're right but to be fair Scooby, if you were a club manager and wanted to use one of your best players would you think oh actually no I'd better not England need him in the summer?

scoobydoo
4th June 2011, 19:11
In an ideal world you're right but to be fair Scooby, if you were a club manager and wanted to use one of your best players would you think oh actually no I'd better not England need him in the summer?

No I wouldnt, why should he I guess. But then he moans about England trying to take him...he should have looked after him better in my opinion this season. He was England's best player I thought tonight...but how bad were we...where was the passion let alone any skill? We looked back to summer 2010...nothing has changed at all has it. :ermmm

MattR
4th June 2011, 19:35
Going to lose out on qualifying to the mighty Montenegro this time :rolleyes: It really is time for the likes of Lampard, Ferdinand and Terry to make way

Win2Win
5th June 2011, 08:52
How come Robbie Keane is a great international player but crap at club level? :doh

scoobydoo
5th June 2011, 15:36
Going to lose out on qualifying to the mighty Montenegro this time :rolleyes: It really is time for the likes of Lampard, Ferdinand and Terry to make way

They only drew last night didnt they 1-1, to Bulgaria. That has let England off somewhat hasn't it? Our players just can't do basic things though, no wonder we get hammered when we come up against a decent technical team. I wonder what the current German team would've done to Switzerland last night. It is difficult for anyone to really say how good another team is playing us as we make them look very good. How much space do we give teams...it is embarrassing...I keep going back to it but we are terrible without the ball as well as with it...we just dont know how to close down & defend as a team. Oh and as for them being tired, just :censored:.