PDA

View Full Version : new to site. looking to share informatrion i hear

lowey100
14th June 2011, 16:09
Hi everyone, new to site am looking to enjoy the chit chat and any information i can pick up on here. Would like to share some information i have been given this season, some 2yos to follow that have not run yet.
Windlesham - Mahood Al Zardoni- very smart filly
Touch gold - Henry Cecil - Very smart colt
War Crown - Richard Fahey - this horse is a machine
Ebble - John Gosden - top class filly
My Colleen - Rae Guest - smart filly
Cappielow Park - William Jarvis - goes well
Fairest - Jeremy Noseda - Very Smart
Al Andaleeb - Saeed Bin Suroor-smart filly
Istadafa - Saeed Bin Suroor - Very smart filly
Pistol - Michael Stoute - smart colt
Min Banat Alreeh - Roger Varian - very Smart.
Hope these horses will make you some profit. good luck.
l

Win2Win
14th June 2011, 17:39
Welcome :Helooo

vegyjones
15th June 2011, 20:59
Hello there... :thumbs

Win2Win
15th June 2011, 21:59
Hello there... :thumbs

Who are you? :doh

bigcumba
15th June 2011, 23:43
Who are you? :doh

who who, who who....

lowey100
16th June 2011, 17:48
hi i am from Pontefract, i occassionly get information, follow the form book, and a big fan of timeform. Royal Ascot first day, 3 bets 2 winners, Power at 4/1, freddick engells 7/2. my third bet was on john gosdens that William buick rode a stinker on:thumbsdown:the horse was called zigato. wednesday i backed fury which ended up a non runner, Shamoos beaten a short head, and point north each way. which finished down the field. thursday had 2 bets sagramor which i took 9/1 and won. had a small ew on picture editor which did not show the early promise and finished in the pack.

Godspot
16th June 2011, 20:50
Hi everyone, new to site am looking to enjoy the chit chat and any information i can pick up on here. Would like to share some information i have been given this season, some 2yos to follow that have not run yet.
l

Cheers for those - you failed to mention Frankel's brother, Noble Mission but I suppose he'll never be above evens - perhaps Mayo Lad too, 1/2 bro to Canford Cliffs.

Godspot
17th June 2011, 22:30
Plz, plz, Moderator - can this thread be added to the horses to follow section before it gets buried? While these horses are unraced it's hard to keep tabs on them -

Meanwhile, John Gosden has a sister to today's King Ed 7th Gr2, Nathaniel - Great Heavens - in his yard who could be worth adding....

lowey100
18th June 2011, 18:14
Would like to give credit where its due, whilst racing at my local track pontefract, bought Timeforms 50 to follow for the flat, i paid less than a tenner, since buying it as given me numerous winners, ie Sagramor, 15/2 won haydock 9/1 price taken at royal ascot won again. Fox hunt, won 15/2 epsom derby backed from 11/1 to 15/2, won today Royal ascot 12/1. :happyboun:happyboun:happyboun. As i posted the other day a big fan of timeform. There still many winners to come out of this book alone. On a foot note last meeting at pontefract June 6th evening meeting was told to back Hollins in the staying race. hollins came late to win the race, but was well and truly beaten by Wells lyrical. i was very impressed with the winner who was carrying top weight, i feel this form could be rock solid. tomorrow fathers day, 19/06/11. they meet each other again tomorrow, Hollins is 5 lb better off for a 5lengths beating, plus he as a 5 lb claimer on. In saying that Wells lyrical won with plenty in hand. Wells lyrical had dropped down the weights, and as raced competetively with higher weights, so i believe is a well handicapped horse at moment. So i am backing Wells lyrical to win tomorrow, and backing Hollins ew at a good price hopefully. as i know stable fancied him last time, and a weight pull this time looks a good each way bet. Good luck to you all.

lowey100
20th June 2011, 19:04
sadly did my money in on wells lyrical finishing third. still feel hes a horse to follow though.

Godspot
23rd June 2011, 21:28
Here's an interesting one from Oddschecker:

Tip Of The Day - Jun 23rd 2011

Of Urban Sea's 11 progeny; 8 raced, 4 won Group 1's and they all got a taste of black type at 3. Two of them were champions; Galileo and Sea The Stars, so the chances of the 11th and final foal reaching the top must be strong. That colt is a 2yo named Born To Sea, who is by Invincible Spirit, making him a 3/4 brother to Sea The Stars, although Invincible Spirit is more of a speed influence than STS's sire Cape Cross.

In training with John Oxx, he has entries in the two big Irish juvenile Group 1's. Hills are going 40/1 for the 2000 Guineas & we're getting on.

Born To Sea @ 40/1
2000 Guineas Betting (http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/2000-guineas)

Godspot
6th July 2011, 16:19
Be interesting to see I think if old Nick Mordin can do it again - he reckoned Dancing Rain should have been favourite for the Oaks - she won at 16/s. Now he thinks:

"If there was an Arc winner in the race it was almost certainly third placed SILVER POND (41/123). Silver Pond is a very strong, rangy colt that's especially powerful over the withers. He wasn't suited to the sprint finish but was clawing back the gap in the closing stages. Off the stronger pace he'll encounter in the Arc I'd bet on him turning this form around with the winner.

Indeed I awarded him the joint biggest speed rating I've given a horse beyond a mile this term for his defeat of Behkabad on his previous start. If I was a bookie pricing up the Arc I would now have him as favourite. So I see the 33-1 most are offering as far too big."

lowey100
14th July 2011, 20:25
LUCA CUMANI - KIRTHILL - Group Class 3yo Colt that is crying out for soft ground and has plenty in hand of the handicapper. Runs at newmarket 4. 45 on saturday. If ground is on the eay side could be a very good bet. Hoping to get my holiday money with this horse.:thumbs

Godspot
26th August 2011, 10:56
l

Thought I'd heard that (Al Andaleeb) name before - goes in the first @ NewmJ...

lowey100
27th August 2011, 13:07
Al Andaleeb was too keen for her own good, and faded final 2 furlongs.
LUCA CUMANI - KIRTHILL - Group Class 3yo Colt that is crying out for soft ground and has plenty in hand of the handicapper. Runs at newmarket 4. 45 on saturday. If ground is on the eay side could be a very good bet. Hoping to get my holiday money with this horse.
that was my last post talkin g about kirthill. did my short and curlys in, came to win race but was just held by winner. Running today at newmarket and hopefully can get our money back today. J Nosedas horse is well regarded though, but if kirthill is as good as is reputation then will be disappointed if he dont collect today. good luck all.

Godspot
28th August 2011, 11:37
Al Andaleeb was too keen for her own good, and faded final 2 furlongs.
LUCA CUMANI - KIRTHILL - Group Class 3yo Colt that is crying out for soft ground and has plenty in hand of the handicapper..

Me no think he Group class - weak Listed at best so far & if goes up a couple of pound for yesterday wont have more than a stone ahead of the handicapper which will always leave him vulnerable -

one to take out of that race, the 5th, Paramour, when he goes back to a mile.

Godspot
10th September 2011, 01:09

Of Urban Sea's 11 progeny; 8 raced, 4 won Group 1's and they all got a taste of black type at 3. Two of them were champions; Galileo and Sea The Stars, so the chances of the 11th and final foal reaching the top must be strong. That colt is a 2yo named Born To Sea, who is by Invincible Spirit, making him a 3/4 brother to Sea The Stars, although Invincible Spirit is more of a speed influence than STS's sire Cape Cross.

In training with John Oxx, he has entries in the two big Irish juvenile Group 1's. Hills are going 40/1 for the 2000 Guineas & we're getting on.

Born To Sea @ 40/1
2000 Guineas Betting (http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/ante-post-racing/flat/2000-guineas)

Makes debut 2.40 Curr in a Listed race - should be interesting, floating around 5/s

Godspot
10th September 2011, 14:47

Born To Sea @ 40/1

Hope u was on folks - be lucky to get 10/s any minute -

Godspot
11th September 2011, 12:22
one to take out of that race, the 5th, Paramour, when he goes back to a mile.

Goes today over a mile, 3.35 Good, 2/1 too short me thinks & would rather do Mahadee EW

Godspot
11th September 2011, 15:51
Goes today over a mile, 3.35 Good, 2/1 too short me thinks & would rather do Mahadee EW

Crikey! 33/1 3rd/11, must've drifted a bit:happyboun

biyax
11th September 2011, 16:19
& would rather do Mahadee EW

:H11:H11

:gp:

:clp:clp:clp

:drinkme

lowey100
13th September 2011, 15:41
Would love to hear from any of you if you fancy anything, or have heard a whisper. Theres 1 running i got first time out that came second at 7/1. Landaman, Mark Johnson horse, that will appreciate the step back to 1 mile 2 furlong. Will be on early on this one. anyway hoping you will share your thoughts if you fancy anything at pontefract or at any meeting that day. :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Godspot
14th September 2011, 11:11
He's not exactly having the best of seasons but just noticed this in the Trainers 4 Races thread:

Sept 16th Pontefract - 1m Handicap (0-80): M Dods won in 2006, 2008 & 2009. The 3 winners had all finished 6th or better on last run (within last 19-24 days), carried a weight of 9st 3lbs or more and had a middle draw.

Seems there's more going at Yarmouth today but I ain't got there yet....

lowey100
16th September 2011, 17:47
Soft ground is what Kirthill needs to be at his best, He has won on good to soft. but the easy ground will be in his favour . Fallon back on tomorrow, can only be a positive, as he had choice of either Cumani horses. In what looks a very competive event, im hoping for a good price and a big race from Kirthill. if it comes up soft tomorrow at newbury, i will be a major player on this horse. Good to soft and i will be having a smaller wager.

lowey100
17th September 2011, 18:29
Soft ground is what Kirthill needs to be at his best, He has won on good to soft. but the easy ground will be in his favour . Fallon back on tomorrow, can only be a positive, as he had choice of either Cumani horses. In what looks a very competive event, im hoping for a good price and a big race from Kirthill. if it comes up soft tomorrow at newbury, i will be a major player on this horse. Good to soft and i will be having a smaller wager.

I took guarenteed odds of 6s early this morning, the forecast was for rain to come at mid day, but going today was good :frown::frown::frown::frown: Has i have always stated this horse is crying out for soft ground, when he gets it you will see the true Kirthill. was making a run up the inside rail today then Fallon decides to bring him off the rail only to get cut up and having to stand up in the saddle pulling the horse in the process. Not the best ride from Fallon today. I stand by this horse to prove himself to be upto a listed/ group 3 race. the going is the thing with this horse.

Godspot
17th September 2011, 18:54
It was the draw that beat as much as anything, imho, no horse drawn lower than 7 has won in the last 11 years now - he finished closest of those drawn <7 -

I thought Taqleed had his ideal requirements, 10f a bit of cut, just as his trainer stated when he pulled him from the Lincoln when ante-post fav back in March - but drawn 8 ? ?

Kirthill was my top rated here & trainer had a cracking record in race, thought the jockey booking of Naqshabban intriguing but didn't think he'd stay, lightly raced though (& no doubt will) - there should be another day for Kirthill in a big h'cap with Fallon low weight but he'll always be a short price & overbet - I'll reserve judgement on the pattern class until he does that -

quite fancied Dettori's mount for draw & odds but that all went tits up too:ermmm

Godspot
18th September 2011, 16:37
- there should be another day for Kirthill in a big h'cap with Fallon low weight but he'll always be a short price & overbet - I'll reserve judgement on the pattern class until he does that -

Having said that I see I have him rated 2lb better than that Chilworth Lad who took a Listed race against his elders on Friday, that must give Kirthill a shout given his ground?

lowey100
19th September 2011, 01:36
Having said that I see I have him rated 2lb better than that Chilworth Lad who took a Listed race against his elders on Friday, that must give Kirthill a shout given his ground?

many thx for your input Godspot its much appreciated,i feel its good to share views and opinions.i have took in what you have commented anout Kirthill, in a fair assessment on what the horse has done so far, and on bare form you are spot on with your assessment, but the horse has never really had the going he requires, yesterday they gave official going as good yet friday was good to soft with rain predicted from midday on saturday. Anyway i think i said enough about Kirthill time and going will tell. to finish off been told ladyship for Kempton on monday but not looked at race, do not know price but expect it to be short.

Godspot
24th September 2011, 13:08
Meanwhile, John Gosden has a sister to today's King Ed 7th Gr2, Nathaniel - Great Heavens - in his yard who could be worth adding....

2nd to Frankel on his debut & now working well on the gallops in prep for the Arc -

runs 1.40 Haydock & there are no famous names on the previous winners list but no debutant has won it for at least 5 years though Gosden has a good record in the race (& drifting towards EW worth it?) bettered only by J Dunlop who has the fav & tops my figs but they do poor here - like the look of Angelic Note EW for the stats of B Meehan but Balding had a couple of fast timers at Newmarket yesterday & money suggests the ball could keep rolling in this interesting little race?

lowey100
3rd October 2011, 12:27
Following Danedream’s emphatic and impressive win in yesterday’s Arc, I think the time is right to take an interest in LUCAS CRANACH for next month’s Melbourne Cup. Lucas Cranach was fifth behind Danedream in the Group One Grosser Preis Von Berlin last time, but he gave the impression he should have finished second, held up in last place some way off what was a very steady gallop, his rider almost certainly overdoing the waiting tactics. He was at least ten lengths behind the leader turning into the short straight (only 500m from the finish), and a good five lengths behind Danedream at the time, and although he is out of view on the video footage for most of the home straight, it’s clear that he finished very strongly, not really much further behind Danedream than he was at the top of the straight. He has yet to race beyond 1m4f, but has repeatedly shaped as if a step up in trip would bring about further improvement, often finishing strongly, such as on his previous start in the Group Two Grosser Preis Von Hamburg, the first under pressure, but really finding his stride in the closing stages to sweep past his rivals and win going away, his ever-increasing winning margin of three and a half lengths remarkable considering he only led in the final 150 yards (both his last two runs are on Youtube, incidentally).

He is being prepared for the Melbourne Cup, for which he has an attractive-looking weight of 53.5kg, by legendary Australian trainer Lee Freedman, who came over to Newmarket to oversee the horse’s initial preparations (Lucas Cranach is now in Australia and has reportedly settled in well). Freedman has won the Melbourne Cup five times, and was trainer of Makybe Diva for two of her wins, and even though the Group One wins haven’t been flowing in recent years (and Freedman’s brother Anthony recently took over the license), a career tally of 124 Group One wins tells its own story. Lucas Cranach has been a major market mover in Australia for the Melbourne Cup, and whilst ante-post bets obviously come with risks attached and much will depend on his prep race in either the Geelong Cup or the Caulfield Cup, there’s definitely a chance his current odds of 20-1 will be much shorter if he makes it to the race; he’s a fair bit shorter with many Australian bookmakers at present (around 12-1 or 14-1).

Godspot
3rd October 2011, 23:19
Following Danedream’s emphatic and impressive win in yesterday’s Arc, I think the time is right to take an interest in LUCAS CRANACH for next month’s Melbourne Cup..

Each to their own & all & very good luck to you with that but the closest I'll get is maybe look up the result!

If there is one thing I've just learnt again from Danedream's win is that I seriously need to draw in my net - not cast it further afield & that it is a lot easier to find a horse in a donkey race than to try & predict which one of the many on-the-upgrade types is more likely to be suited by the conditions (which we're usually unlikely to know until after the event anyway) of a hyper competitive event, especially ones over random CD's run once a year.

There's a blog out there called Narrow The Field, actually a website now, which you might like....:wink:

lowey100
23rd October 2011, 07:39
Kirthill at last showing some potential, even on ground he would not like, as was shown in last furlong where he started to wander. but still a great perfomance. This horse has got a future, hopefully getting the ground he wants.Yesterday i got all ive lost on him this season, and made a healthy profit too, sadly had it been soft i was having major play.

Godspot
24th October 2011, 22:39
- there should be another day for Kirthill in a big h'cap with Fallon low weight but he'll always be a short price & overbet - I'll reserve judgement on the pattern class until he does that -

Wins Saturday K Fallon 8 8 - 3lb within his lowest riding weight this last 12 months & 11/2 a fair price but dreadful on the clock.

Godspot
1st November 2011, 00:42
Following Danedream’s emphatic and impressive win in yesterday’s Arc, I think the time is right to take an interest in LUCAS CRANACH for next month’s Melbourne Cup. Lucas Cranach was fifth behind Danedream in the Group One Grosser Preis Von Berlin last time, but he gave the impression he should have finished second, held up in last place some way off what was a very steady gallop, his rider almost certainly overdoing the waiting tactics. He was at least ten lengths behind the leader turning into the short straight (only 500m from the finish), and a good five lengths behind Danedream at the time, and although he is out of view on the video footage for most of the home straight, it’s clear that he finished very strongly, not really much further behind Danedream than he was at the top of the straight. He has yet to race beyond 1m4f, but has repeatedly shaped as if a step up in trip would bring about further improvement, often finishing strongly, such as on his previous start in the Group Two Grosser Preis Von Hamburg, the first under pressure, but really finding his stride in the closing stages to sweep past his rivals and win going away, his ever-increasing winning margin of three and a half lengths remarkable considering he only led in the final 150 yards (both his last two runs are on Youtube, incidentally).

He is being prepared for the Melbourne Cup, for which he has an attractive-looking weight of 53.5kg, by legendary Australian trainer Lee Freedman, who came over to Newmarket to oversee the horse’s initial preparations (Lucas Cranach is now in Australia and has reportedly settled in well). Freedman has won the Melbourne Cup five times, and was trainer of Makybe Diva for two of her wins, and even though the Group One wins haven’t been flowing in recent years (and Freedman’s brother Anthony recently took over the license), a career tally of 124 Group One wins tells its own story. Lucas Cranach has been a major market mover in Australia for the Melbourne Cup, and whilst ante-post bets obviously come with risks attached and much will depend on his prep race in either the Geelong Cup or the Caulfield Cup, there’s definitely a chance his current odds of 20-1 will be much shorter if he makes it to the race; he’s a fair bit shorter with many Australian bookmakers at present (around 12-1 or 14-1).

Some guy I follow on Twitter - after a process of elimination says this is the one that ticks the most boxes, has a decent draw too, so well done for picking that out a month ago! :icon_sorry: