PDA

View Full Version : Live - Ukraine U21s v England U21s

Win2Win Racing
15th June 2011, 21:44
England Under-21s are held to a goalless draw by their Ukraine counterparts at the European Championship in Denmark, meaning they must win their last Group B game to reach the semi-finals.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/9513035.stm)

Win2Win
15th June 2011, 21:59
Great match :rolleyes: ... they are learning to play like the main team :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

scoobydoo
16th June 2011, 09:44
It is depressing...can't keep the ball at this level either.. what the :censored: do coaches get paid for in this country? It is a national disgrace with all the money in our game. I fear for English football over the next 20 years unless we get some decent coaches in to teach the kids.

MattR
16th June 2011, 16:58
Seeing as keeping the ball is a basic ability required (and a pretty good way of stopping the other team attacking!) you would think coaching would be based around first touch, ball control and passing. Also if I were a coach I would insist on being able to kick with both feet. It drives me mad to see players have to turn around to use the other foot, Ashley Cole being a prime example. Surely a so called 'professional' footballer should, at the bare minimum, have the ability to knock a 10yd pass to a teammate with his weaker foot? I know I could, even at school!