PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd snatch late win at West Brom

Win2Win Racing
14th August 2011, 21:00
A late own goal spared the blushes of goalkeeper David de Gea as Manchester United began the defence of the title with a 2-1 victory at West Brom.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/14435075.stm)

barneymather
14th August 2011, 22:29
Oh dear, Adrian Chiles will appear even more gloomy than normal on Daybreak, for the two men and a dog who still watch it. "Oooh, Christine, I don't feel I can go on today, not after the Baggies boogering it oop against SoorAlex's men yesterday. By the way, does Frank really think West Brom couldn't beat Chelsea Girls?"

I didn't see any of the game, so can't comment if Wayne Rooney's newly thatched nut held up to headers. I seem to recall this hirsute high-jinks didn't work for Russ Abbot, whose head was left looking as if one of Coronation Street's knicker-stitchers had had a go at it on their machine.

Win2Win
15th August 2011, 09:12
I'm quite fond of a snatch :yikes:

barneymather
15th August 2011, 19:16
I'm showing my age here, but I recall an advert shown when I was a kid about watching out for pickpockets. It was done in the style of the BBC's flagship football show and was introduced as Snatch of the Day (no sniggering at the back). I'd an idea it would be on youtube and a quick search brought back fond memories.