PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd boss Ferguson ends BBC boycott

Win2Win Racing
25th August 2011, 13:05
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson agrees to lift his ban on talking to the BBC.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/14664803.stm)

bettingtipster
25th August 2011, 13:30
Good to see they have put it behind them so we cant seeing Fergie's reaction to the games on Match of the Day now! We never really got much dirt from his assistants!

barneymather
25th August 2011, 19:54
Crabbit old bleeder - but then we're like that round this way. :wink: I can see the area where Fergie was brought up from my road and his former stamping ground, or should that be pitch. A manager of the very first order but as a player he was distinctly average. Funny how superb players though often make poor managers.

bettingtipster
26th August 2011, 11:25
Yeh thats an interesting point! when you look at Ferguson and Wenger who had very average careers while Mourinho barely had one, Daglish is a big exception to that rule though! Another interesting thing is the success of Scottish managers, particularly in the premiership where i think there are 7/8!! Is it something in the water up there??

barneymather
26th August 2011, 20:57
It might be due to the fear factor - gruff Scots accents putting the wind up the players by barking out orders with a bit of ::swear

Gordon Strachan said that when he played for Aberdeen, Alex Ferguson came into the dressing room one Saturday at half-time in a rage and booted the table where the refreshments were laid out while giving his team an earful. The climate in the dressing room had changed quickly alright, from mild to raining - tea and sarnies.

Dunno what the real reason is for Scots managers success down south is though. :doh