PDA

View Full Version : monday morning moans

Smokeyone
5th March 2012, 10:56
Just had a telephone call asking for me -
saying they are the computer maintence department and that my computer has a virus - if I could switch on the computer etc etc - kept asking which company etc
- they just kept saying computer maintence dept - as I work from home - assume this is a phishing call ...

Next grumble had a call asking for my wife - who's calling please - for security reasons we are not allowed to say (I think it was Lloyds bank but anyway) so I said for security reasons I am not allowed to say whether she is here or not....

Final moan - had a call from the RAC asking for me - now you know they want to flog you something - but wait for it - they wanted to ask me security questions to confirm it was me - before they told me what the call was about - I just said you must be joking - goodbye....

Win2Win
5th March 2012, 11:08
That's the way it is today, when people phone me, if they don't say who they are I just hang up as I can't be :ass2 wasting time on people who are impolite.

Smokeyone
5th March 2012, 11:34
I do wonder about the first call though - it could have been my ISP or such like but cannot really imagine it would be - and no I do not have any maintence contracts etc etc

Laf
5th March 2012, 14:08
so I said for security reasons I am not allowed to say whether she is here or not....

Haha, very good!

As for the first one, pretty sure it's a scam. This ones been doing the rounds for a few years now.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jul/18/phone-scam-india-call-centres

If you're prepared you can have a little fun with them.

Smokeyone
5th March 2012, 18:20
Do the RAC really think I am going to spend my time answering security questions to prove who I am so they can sell me car insurance (I would guess).

Another grumble but it's my own fault - do not answer telephone surveys no matter how legit they sound because you will then receive telephone offers/charity requests from a load of companies ........