PDA

View Full Version : Terry racism trial verdict due

Win2Win Racing
13th July 2012, 14:20
A verdict is expected later in the racism trial of former England captain John Terry.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18827915#sa-ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=PublicRSS20-sa)

Win2Win
13th July 2012, 18:16
Not Guilty.... which is what I predicted.

However, we now have another problem, or should I say the FA has after digging it's own grave and setting the bar by banning Suarez for 8 matches for something similar. If they don't do the same with Terry it's a different rule for the same offence depending on the player. If Suarez had gone to court he'd have been found not guilty of racism which is what the FA banned him for.

scoobydoo
14th July 2012, 12:35
I guess in a scottish court wouldn't this have been called 'not proven'? Who knows what Terry said but he was stupid to repeat what he thought Ferdinand had said to him, I would have just said I didnt say that you :censored:. & Ferdinand doesnt come out of this well either really, pretty immature stuff.

vegyjones
14th July 2012, 13:14
Didn't Suarez admit that he used racist remarks, wheras Terry has denied it all along.

Win2Win
14th July 2012, 16:17
Didn't Suarez admit that he used racist remarks, wheras Terry has denied it all along.

Suarez used the word 'negro' which does not prove racism, especially as it is the normal word for a black person in S.America, the same as all Asians I know from the likes of the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore all use the word 'niger' in reference to a black person. The FA is being politically correct to the extreme, the Suarez comments in court would not prove racism, just the same as Terry, he's been a bit of a plonker in the eyes of the PC brigade.