PDA

View Full Version : Pulis wants three-game diving ban

Win2Win Racing
27th September 2012, 11:50
Stoke manager Tony Pulis wants the FA to ban players who dive, after accusing Branislav Ivanovic of "simulation".

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19744028)

Win2Win
27th September 2012, 12:39
I think we should have after game reviews, for what and where the lines are drawn is a complex issue ..... as with many other sports, the result can be changed after the event.

vegyjones
27th September 2012, 19:52
The difficulty with reprimanding people for diving based on video evidence is that it is not conclusive. I've watched many slow motion replays showing a probably dive but even the minutest contact at full pace can lead to a fall. In most instances, you will only irrefutably be able to charge people if you can analyse their through processes at the time, which you can't. Well not yet, as far as I am aware.

Win2Win
27th September 2012, 21:08
The FA only needs the balance of probabilty though, not 100% proof :smile: ..... and just doing a few would strangely see a lot of players staying upright.

MattR
28th September 2012, 18:56
I agree with Vegy here (:icon_sorry: ). I think a lot of times players make a meal of the slightest touch BUT there often is a foul there, they just make it look like they were shot. However there have been those you can see on replay that clearly were not touched and I agree that these should be reviewed by the FA and those clearly diving get a ban. And call it cheating not simulation!!!

vegyjones
28th September 2012, 19:31
I agree with Vegy here (:icon_sorry: ).

:yeahthat:

Win2Win
29th September 2012, 09:05
I agree with Vegy here....

:yikes: Have you gone mad??? :spank: :biggrin:

MattR
29th September 2012, 14:39
:crazy: