PDA

View Full Version : Ferdinand 'worth England recall'

Win2Win Racing
8th October 2012, 18:45
Rio Ferdinand deserves an England recall and could play at the 2014 World Cup, says ex-Manchester United defender Gary Pallister.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19877314)

MattR
9th October 2012, 14:20
Ok, just stop it with the Rio stuff :headbange

Win2Win
9th October 2012, 17:19
If he's at the 2014 WC I think his wheelchair might ruin the turf :biggrin:

scoobydoo
9th October 2012, 17:40
Ok, just stop it with the Rio stuff :headbange

Yeah,I think the problem is the lack of quality we have now Matt. We should have better players coming through, if only this FA centre had been done ten years ago...we might and this crap wouldnt get written.

MattR
10th October 2012, 18:00
Yes I agree, but didn't we have Lilleshall (?) Wasn't that supposed to be a dedicated football school to produce great technical players? Will the new FA Centre be any different?

I remember a few years back watching my nephew play for his sunday team when he was about 10 and all game the coach was shouting at his back four to 'move up', 'hold the line' etc

scoobydoo
10th October 2012, 19:41
I'm really not sure tbh, I think it has to work or English football is going to be in serious trouble. The lack of English players in the premier league seems to be going down every season.

Win2Win
10th October 2012, 19:42
Unless the clubs start teaching players how to keep the ball England has little hope regardless of what the FA does as they spend so little time with them when it comes to International matches.