PDA

View Full Version : Survey reveals Price of Football

Win2Win Racing
18th October 2012, 07:27
BBC Sport Price of Football survey shows average price of cheapest adult ticket in England's top four divisions rises by 11.7%.

More... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19984968)

Win2Win
18th October 2012, 08:50
My cousin has been getting a Tranmere season ticket for years, and althoguh happy they may go into the Championship next season they are worried about the price rise.

MattR
18th October 2012, 14:44
Best answer to ticket price rises is to get relegated! :doh Relating to the ability of the England internationals, then I would suggest the ticket price rise per Division is not equitable to the supposed increase in talent on view. Which I guess is right because it's actually linked to the amount of money the clubs have to pay the players! Which is ridiculous really.

Win2Win
18th October 2012, 15:01
Best answer to ticket price rises is to get relegated! :doh

So Liverpool fans will have a decent discount next season then :laughitupsmilie: ... oh hang on ... that's me :doh1:

MattR
18th October 2012, 15:42
And a local derby with Tranmere!

scoobydoo
18th October 2012, 16:12
Rip off Britain again. I admire fans who go and watch their teams in the lower leagues, I think to watch Lincoln costs £16 in the conference! There is no excuse why Premiership clubs can't lower their prices though, nearly a grand for an Arsenal season ticket! :cuck I think I heard a snippet from Radio 5 that said they could afford to lower prices by £32 a week and still have more money than last year with the new tv deal. If the FA really cared about the game, there would be more stringent rules for a proper redistrubution of money down the leagues...after all IF it produced good quality English players for the top clubs, it might save them money in the long run with huge transfer fees and money going to foreign teams.

MattR
18th October 2012, 16:39
I agree Scooby and let's not forget that for the Premier for certain and probably the Championship too the income from the tickets is a very minimal amount of a clubs income these days so putting the prices up is just greed not from necessity. It needs the tv prices to come down and then lets see how quickly they stop the huge salaries.

Win2Win
18th October 2012, 17:00
The present way football manages its accounts is not sustainable. At some point something will give, and like the Labour government found out, wants it starts a downward spiral it doesn't stop till it hits the bottom.