Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: PlacePots

Aleki is offline Confim Email Address to Post

Question PlacePots

Hi every1,,I have been hearing alot about PlacePots and dont know anthing about them and would be very gratefull if some1 could explain how they work please ...eg...minimum stake u can place...any info would b a great help guys...as my bank is looking sorry for its self.. ...
    Aleki :wink

Placepots are run by the Tote only, I think. Yeah, they must be because they are a type of pool bet. Some bookies do offer them because they have a direct link into the Tote pools.

With the placepot you are trying to pick horses that will place in each of the chosen races, almost always the first 6 races of the card at a meeting. The more selections you make in each leg, that is the more runners you pick from each race, the greater the number of bets you are placing so the more the bet will cost to put on but the greater the number of chances you have of winning. The number of bets you are placing is the number of runners you have selected in each race, multiplied together. I think there is a minimum stake of £2 per placepot entry but you can split that £2 over several lines. You can go as low as 10p a line, maybe even 5p a line, I'm not sure. At the end of a meeting the placepot dividend will be announced and it is freely available with the racing results in the media. This shows what you get back for a £1 winning line.

For example if you make the following selections:

Race 1: 1 & 2
    Race 2: 1
    Race 3: 4, 5 & 10
    Race 4: 4
    Race 5: 7
    Race 6: 6 & 1

You are betting that the horses with those numbers will be placed in those races. To place this bet you're actually putting on 2*1*3*1*1*2 = 12 bets. You may wish to back this at say 20p a line so the total stake is £2.40. Now let's pretend for nice round numbers the dividend comes out as £100 at the end of the meeting and all our selections were placed. We would then have 12 winning lines and would get a return of £240 (12*0.2*100). However had one of our horses in race 3 not placed we would only have 8 winning lines (2*1*2*1*1*2) and would get a return of £160 (8*0.2*100). Had the horse we selected in races 2, 4 or 5 not placed the whole bet would have been lost.

I hope that makes it clearer.

If you do want to make placepot bets online I think you have to use the Tote's online bookie, Totalbet. They have electronic coupons you click and fill in, all very easy. In a traditional bookies that offers Tote pool betting (of which there are a few) there should also be coupons to fill in, as there would be if you were betting at the Tote on the course.

:wink Thanks very much mat 4 the quick reply .....u did a good job of explaing....
    Has any 1 ever thought of chucking it all in [horses not lives.. ]..I have been following horses now for just under 18mths..and my wife says to me u are never going win..but I tell her it takes time in this game to learn about wot your doing....
    I cannot affod to put a bet on everyday as I am registered diasbled[osteo-arthritis and Fibro-myalgia,a form of Arthritis in all my muscles]..Also have started taking Convulsions [bloody horrible].....So a few winners every now and then would be just perfect....
    Aleki

The placepots are more of a 'fun bet' and should not be relied on to make a profit. Lots of study and careful placing of bets with a good staking plan will prove profitable with patience.

If you want to play occasionally 'for fun', look for big priced horses that could run well based on past performances (go back further than the last couple of races though!). It might not pay out often, but you only need a winner every now and then to keep 'ticking over'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldhamWhisper
    The placepots are more of a 'fun bet' and should not be relied on to make a profit. Lots of study and careful placing of bets with a good staking plan will prove profitable with patience.

If you want to play occasionally 'for fun', look for big priced horses that could run well based on past performances (go back further than the last couple of races though!). It might not pay out often, but you only need a winner every now and then to keep 'ticking over'.
    Thanks very much Oldham.... :)
    Aleki :dog

codford is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Could someone please explain why todays placepot on the free pages was not a winner as it appears a horse was placed in each race??????

Vicereine came 2nd in a four horse race, only the winner counts :(

codford is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Thanks college that makes sense

Thread Information