Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: System Advice

System Advice

Just a quick tip here.

When starting a new system, regardless of how simple, or complex it is, whether it is a selection process, or staking plan, you must test it over a minimum period of 100 bets. This can give you a general idea of its capabilities.

You can bet that you come up with a fail-safe staking plan, it's tested out on 500 past results & made a £MILLION. You can't wait, so you start betting live;
    WON4/1
    WON3/1
    LOST
    WON2/1
    (Bloody Brilliant, I'll have that car soon)
    Lost.....Lost........Lost.......+ another 5
    WON8/11
    Lost.....Lost........Lost.......+ another 8
    Won1/1
    Won1/5
    Lost.....Lost........Lost.......+ another 7
    Won2/1
    Lost.....Lost........Lost.......+ another 11

Your now totally piddled off, your £MILLION system failed before the first 50, it emptied your betting bank, and you think bugger that for a game of carrots, and scrap the system, and move on to the next.

Pity really, as you never new that the next 50, and onwards for eternity you would have had a new car........

(I can also bet that as soon as you start a new system, it WILL hit a losing run, that's sod's law)

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Nice Read Boss,

one of oldest thread here,

Are Systems Better Than Ratings ?

Cheers.

STUPID NEWBIE

They are totally different. You should only use ratings as a variable in a system and not use them blindly or you'll just lose money.

Are Systems Better Than Ratings?

They are totally different. You should only use ratings as a variable in a system and not use them blindly or you'll just lose money.

Flat

2y: 80+
    3y: 90+
    4y: 100+?

Jumps

Juveniles: 100+
    4y Hdles: 110+
    H & C’s: 120+

As a quick little example in response to the last two comments here - until I started doing my own ratings, or rather in an attempt to get a grip/rating for lightly raced types, I used to note horses that were 5lbClr on two sets of figures, whether that be Topspeed/RPR & or Official Ratings, as long as a horse was 5lbClr on any two -

& decided what we need is a cut-off point as to whether the figure is Worthy of being backable or not-so worthy & Layable,

I note that there were a couple of good examples today, as Bryn's, Sister Andrea loses 3.55 Yarmouth, she had an Unworthy 5lbClr figure & that J Gosden's, Electrician, the first @ Yarmouth, he was a Worthy 5lb'er as his unadjusted figs would have exceeded 80 the cut-off point for 2yo's, he won 8/11f

I recall trainer R Hannon's 5lb'ers being pretty reliable worthy or not & that any horse that beats a Worthy 5lb'er, they usually turn out pretty good & win again.

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Observation is the best way than any rating and any system. Both system and rating are useful tool/utility to picking winner, but "observation" is best one.

I use systems and observations, but male a lot more from the former as turnover is much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by biyax View Post
    Observation is the best way than any rating and any system. Both system and rating are useful tool/utility to picking winner, but "observation" is best one.
    Can we have an example of this 'observation,' I is intrigued....

PS: GS can now be followed on Twitter as @themastarata

Quote Originally Posted by Godspot View Post
    Can we have an example of this 'observation,' I is intrigued....
    The Race Reading : observation of horses' positions, problems, and maneuvers at various stages of the races.

This is a real example for the observation, this is a not possibility ( probability, chance, contingency, likelihood, prospect, odds, eventuality, presumption, verisimilitude, potentiality, sight )

STUPID NEWBIE

I made my money from observations during races when I first turned pro in the late 90's, research into stats came a couple of years later.

Thread Information