Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Macromedia Flashplayer

Macromedia Flashplayer

I seem to have lost Flashplayer from my PC and cannot re-install from the Macromedia site. Consequently I cannot view images on some websites. Can anyone help? If so please consider me IT illiterate and use words of one syllable!!

Also cannot make payments over the internet. The "Page Cannot Be Displayed" screen keeps appearing. Any ideas?

codford is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

The payments screen one may be down to your internet explore version click help on the internet explorer menu bar and select 'About internet explorer' and a box appears you need to check your 'Cipher strength' is 128 bit (its listed there underneath the version) if not go to microsoft site and download new version of internet explorer or you may be able to download a cipher strength patch i cant remember

Go to CONTROL PANEL>ADD/REMOVE and see if Macromedia Flash appears in the list, if it does, UNINSTALL it and reboot.

Then try and download from macromedia again, but it should reinstall over the top of the previous version anyway, so it may be another problem.

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Alternatively, in Explorer, go to Tools, Internet Options. On the General tab, click Settings and then View Objects. You should see a file called Shockwave Flash - that's the one you need to delete.

As Keith says though, the problem seems to be more fundamental as newer versions of the Flash player should overwrite existing versions.

Thread Information