Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Help ????

Help ????

Someone can help me to understand the 'level' of different types of races.
    Let me explain:which race is stronger saying Claiming Stakes Class F- or Maiden Stakes Class D.
    So if a horse did go well in claiming F class and is racing today in maiden D class is this a stronger race or a weaker one?
    And we have selling,auctions,novices etc.
    Very confused when trying to judge the class of a new race from the previous one.
    Thank you..

I have found the best guide to be the prize money of the race. Some of these races do have follow up like the horse has to go into an auction or another stable can take the horse (claimed).

Marcus

I believe in the Mathematics of large numbers or ask you the occasional dumb question

Here's a little something I found a while back that should be useful - it's a comprehensive list of racing terms and their meanings....

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Thread Information