Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Joint Effort Rules

Joint Effort Rules

The rules are simple and anyone can join in - the more the merrier.
    This is a monthly competition and every day you have 1 point (2pts for EW) to bet with.
    The most open handicap race of the day is chosen and all you have to do is pick the winner or placed runners, and finish 1st or 2nd in the players' table on the last day of the month, in order to qualify for the prizes.

Post your main and reserve selections in the game thread, not forgetting to add which type of bet you want to apply to your picks......either Win Only (W), Each Way (EW) or Place Only (P).

Remember that the daily stake for each type of bet will cost you:
    1pt for Win only
    2pts (1pt E/W) for Each Way
    1pt for Place Only.

Win only bets are paid to full SP odds
    Each Way win position paid to full SP & placed positions paid to 1/4 SP odds
    Place only bets paid to 1/5 SP odds.

Selections posted WITHOUT an accompanying bet type will be treated as Win Only bets.

ALSO...

Each player may DOUBLE THE STAKES on up to SIX of their bets throughout the duration of the game.
    All other stakes remain as normal 1pt Win, 1pt Place & 1pt EW.
    So...
    If you post a (2W) bet the stake will be 2pts.
    If you post a (2P) bet the stake will be 2pts.
    If you post a (2EW) bet the stake will be 4pts (2pts EW).

ANY BET that is intended to be a Double Stakes bet (either a main selection OR reserve pick) MUST be posted as above. If the bet fails to include the '2' it will be treated as a normal 1pt Win, 1pt Place or 1pt EW.

Please note: the 6 Double Stake bets are optional.
    Play any number you like UP TO A MAXIMUM of 6.
    You don't have to play ANY if you don't want to.

Selections that turn out to be Non Runners which are not covered by a reserve pick will result in 1pt being deducted from your total (even if you have posted an EW bet).

Failure to post on any given day will result in 1pt being deducted from your total.

Players may join the game at any time during the month.
    1pt will be deducted from your total for each day PRIOR to joining the game.
    For example: if you join the game on the 10th of the month, your starting total will be -9 (1pt deducted for each day prior to joining).

Please be aware that to be in with a chance of winning one of the prizes (£10 1st & £5 2nd)....
    Players MUST....
    a) Participate in AT LEAST 16 of the 30/31 days of the game
    b) Finish the game with a POSITIVE (+) bank balance
    AND NOTE....
    c) Your Double Stake Bet allowance will be reduced by ONE each time you 'clock up' 5 days absence from the game.

PLUS:

i) Players who accrue 5 or more CONSECUTIVE days absence from the game will be relegated to the bottom of the leaders table.
    Simply REJOIN the game and you will be reinstated to your rightful position in the leaders table.

ii) Players who FAIL to participate in AT LEAST ONE of the LAST FIVE days of the game will be PERMANENTLY relegated to the bottom of the leaders table, and will no longer qualify to win any of that months prizes.

iii) Accrue 15 (30 day month) or 16 (31 day month) or more days absence from the game across any PART or WHOLE of the month and you no longer qualify to win any of that months prizes and will be PERMANENTLY relegated to the bottom of the leaders table.

That's it, join in and pit your wits against other members and try to win the prize.

Last edited by TheGoodGuy; 11th January 2015 at 01:25.
    I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

all you have to do is pick the winner.
    Its that easy? Crikey im in on this :D

Originally if your selection was a N/R you lost a point but now most seem to give an 2nd choice just in case. Is this allowed now?

yes , replacements for n/r's are allowed

I have an impressive bank of knowledge and experience. Unfortunately, I've lost the combination to this bank.

HELLO,
    PIGGY,
    I WANT TO ASK YOU ,THAT CAN I SEND MY SELECTION ALSO,PLEASE REPLY TO ME,BECAUSE I AM NEW HERE,AND FROM PAKISTAN,I LOVE HORSE RACING,AND LOVE TO SHARE MY EXPERENCE WITH PEOPLE,PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I SEND MY SELECTION.
    [THANKS]
    [SHAH777]
    MY ID.[email address moved for your own protection]

Hi Shah - if you look further down in this section, you will see today's date. Just post your selection in there.

Also, please take off the Caps Lock - It is considered to be shouting if you post with all capitals.

Thread Information