Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Best way to place this fun bet please

Left at the Dog and Crown, 1st left, keep right, just after the War Memorial

Best way to place this fun bet please

Im having a fun bet on the footy leagues for the coming season as follows

Crystal Palace - Championship 6.00
    Tranmere - League 1 10.00
    Northampton - League 2 7.00
    Marseille - Le Championat 8.00
    Middlesbrough (+29 Handicap ) Premier 16.00
    Tottenham Without Big Three - Premier 7.50

I dont do multiple bets on the racing so i have no idea which is a decent multiple for the above going each way. I was going for 4/5-6 folds but if anyone has a better option please shout.
    cheers
    JON

AngieS is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Johnny I would do them as separate bets. You have 6 selections which would be a heinz 57 bets @ a £1 for example would cost you £57 which sounds very expensive for a fun bet and does not include singles and if one goes down you've lost over half your bets.

I would do 6 x £1.00 win singles
    15x50p win doubles
    20x25p win trebles etc
    Reduce your stake as the odds are getting more and more agains you.

Regards

Angie

Total stake on singles 29.96 (Or more if you wish. Just amend the stakes)
    CP= £6.85
    Tran=4.10
    North= 5.86
    Mar=5.12
    Midd=2.58
    Spurs=5.45

Work out how much you get if one/two/three etc wins.
    You could also throw in a few doubles/trebles at lower stakes for a bigger return but more risk.

Cheers guys n gals :fizz

Jon,

You will have a problem placing a straight multiple on these because you have two selections for the Premier league.........Bookies wont accept this bet as a multiple...

To place a multiple you will either have to drop one of the Premier selections.....or place 2 bets with 5 selections...

An idea at the prices is to place 2 LUCKY 31 BETS......which would be 2 seperate multiple bets........one winner you get double the odds for a single.......and will cover some of the bet if you only get 1 winner.......

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

Jon,

One of the other ways of doing these is to do trebles or 4 timers (you could also do singles on Betfair)....

Depending on the performance of your selections - by doing trebles or 4 timers - you will have the opportunity to guarantee a return and therefore save your stake - at least... (for instance, by laying of the last leg of a treble or 4 timer on Betfair)...

The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them.

Mark Twain.

fez is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

if palace can hang on to a. Johnson then 1 bet might be as good as it gets! Sorry to rain on your parade but boro on the handicap! Those muppets have been trying to buy 4th spot for years - now its Yakubu's turn to fire them to glory? Think Vaduka, Maccarone, Nemeth, etc - Don't think so. Similarly - spurs are trying to buy 4th too. Edgar Davids has just signed - great! Expect lengthy injuries - especially whenit gets cold.

Best footy bets so far. Top goalscorers - premier league. Defoe 16/1 ew. Crespo 16/1 ew. Prem Points Spread betting (my speciality! success last 3 seasons) still need to finalise my selections, but if you cant wait - buy Blackburn pts & Portsmouth pts. I wont put my money where my mouth is until the last minute but these are the 2 I'm takinga very serious look at.

Yes the 2 Premiership bets were not accepted as a multiple so I've dropped them both and done e/w lucky 15s, cheers guys

Thread Information