Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: adrian massey system

lowe1 is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

adrian massey system

after finding this site i couldn't believe how good it is only win2win beats it (close)

so im starting a massey system based on the days ratings

rules are

1) selection must be at least 30+ in ratings
    2) star ratings only 5* apply
    3) above 8/1 are to be done e/w

tony

Tony, could I respectfully suggest that you don't have to do a test on this. Just generate a "CUSTOM REPORT" on Adrians site and you will have the complete results for 1995-2005.
    To generate a custom report: scroll down the main page on the left hand side to "Analysis of the performance of Top Rated Selections" and click. You will have the result in under 3 seconds. Using your parameters the results show a 26% strike rate and a LSP of 109%.

These custom reports are a fabulous tool .......... you can generate reports for other criteria such as performance of favs, jockeys, etc.

sic gloria transit mundi, baby

cheers ice just looked at that exellent stats all round

though i am actually using this system for real now so i will post my selections each day so all the lazy buggers on here can and the ones that have never heard of massey can see how good it is

tony

topman is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hey guys, when you say 'generate a custom report on Adrian's site' where excatly or what site are you referring to? Do I have to join first?

Quote Originally Posted by topman
    Hey guys, when you say 'generate a custom report on Adrian's site' where excatly or what site are you referring to? Do I have to join first?

just put adrian massey in google you will soon find it

flanker is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hi,
    When you say 30+ in the ratings, is this the difference between the selectionand the next rated horse?

flanker is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Hi,
    Sorry me again, what sort of races does this apply to NH,Flat or AW?

Flanker,

If you visit Adrian's site you can choose which code from the Previous selections, click on flat for example, and choose generate custom report at the bottom of the page, put in the data as described in the above post and it will provide you with the stats :)

To answer your question about 30+ clear, it is indeed top rated to second rated, have fun :D

The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Got to update this when I have time please be patient ,thank you ,Open Forum...Total Lays......?Total Backs....?Hidden Forum Total Backs....?Total Lays......?

Blinkin is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Did you really have this show a profit?

Regards, Peter.

Blinkin,

Overall since 1997 it does show a 14.1% POI, but since 2004 has shown a loss, if you include all the star ratings the POI is 6%, but the SR is about 10% more, this is using the Proportion of Fancied Runners set @70%.

You could play around and find a profit for all years but there are better systems to be found with all the data available. :)

The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.
    Got to update this when I have time please be patient ,thank you ,Open Forum...Total Lays......?Total Backs....?Hidden Forum Total Backs....?Total Lays......?

Yea, my points is that the performance of his selections seem to be getting worse year by year since around 2000. It would be very difficult finding any systems based on his ratings since 2002 showing a profit.

Regards Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkin
    It would be very difficult finding any systems based on his ratings since 2002 showing a profit.
    Sorry, Peter, but this couldn't be more mistaken: a quick look through his forum (which takes second place only to this one, both in my opinion and as many other members here have previously commented) shows many profitable systems based on his ratings, some with fully proofed results at SP for about a year!

There are also people in several other forums (not nearly as good as Massey's or this one!) with long-running and consistently profitable systems based on Massey's ratings. This is perhaps not the place to discuss them, I'm sure you'll appreciate, but your statement above really shouldn't go uncorrected as it really will mislead people completely.

It's true that there's been a steady decline in the returns over the last few years from blindly backing all Massey's top-rated ones, but one really shouldn't expect any ratings at all to show a profit when "used" like that.

its a while since i've been on his site but i thought backing blindly his top rated horses on novice chases showed a profit ?

David,

Overall novice chases are in profit since 1997, last couple of years negative, details below.

Off the report Top Rated with PFR set at 30%
    Bets 3321
    Wins 1371
    SR 42.6%
    ROI 102.2% (+71pts) SP

With Filters :wink
    Bets 671
    Wins 295
    SR 44%
    ROI 127.6% (+185pts) SP
    All years winning years

I stand corrected, sry.

One of the reasons I have joined this site is the increasing problems I have been having, coming up with successfull systems based on AM. Especially if you use his Betfair odds for Lay systems and Fixed odds for wins. Drbill66

Quote Originally Posted by lowe1 View Post
    after finding this site i couldn't believe how good it is only win2win beats it (close)

so im starting a massey system based on the days ratings

rules are

1) selection must be at least 30+ in ratings
    2) star ratings only 5* apply
    3) above 8/1 are to be done e/w

tony
    Must be only in main meeting .. .. Also, you must concentrate on second top rated and FAV (Racingpost betting forecast which compiled by Spotlight)...Basicly, you need art to do job .. .. ENJOY !!!

Blimey, you're digging up an old thread this time, last post was nearly 5 years ago!

My keyboard's running out of ink....

Quote Originally Posted by bigcumba View Post
    Blimey, you're digging up an old thread this time, last post was nearly 5 years ago!
    So what? Amd, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by gobro View Post
    So what? Amd, why not?
    Yer, So what? BigC

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

.... ya don't want the BIG FELLA sitting on yer face

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

Quote Originally Posted by Mattw07 View Post
    Yer, So what? BigC
    BigC??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    .... ya don't want the BIG FELLA sitting on yer face
    Who me?

Bigcumba: A shaved yeti