Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: VHF - Value Horse Finder Bot

VHF - Value Horse Finder Bot

I have done a review of this software here http://www.exchangebots.com/vhf.html

FREE Live Odds Comparison Software

Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Filipino UK Filipino Forum | Win2Win Racing - Free Tips

wb is offline Win2Win Racing Club Member

Looks quite good actually. If you wanted to risk a total of say £600, and you opened about 6 bookie accounts, should you put £100 in each and £100 in betfair? I know you said to keep a floating bank, but did it get a bit messy/very time consuming trying to transfer the money between all accounts?

Tada gan iarracht

It says £500 in Betty, and £50 in the others. You start with £5 EW bets, you should make £1-£3 profit per bet. You only get a few bets a day, but this goes up the lower your commission.

No messing with me, you would only get one bookmaker account getting low at any one point, and I'd just top it up from the 'floating bank', and take the same amount out of Betfair (or vice versa).

The prices can hold for a good few minutes, as not many people arb with the Place market included. What I usually done was get a bet on. If it was still there when I'd finished, I do it again....and again...etc, building up the profit. Biggest profit on one race was £76 at the Festival.

You sometimes may have to use the full Betfair bank as liability, but remember, it is covered by the bookie with a locked in profit.

This seems very interesting. I may look into it more over the next few months. A couple of more questions though:

1) Does it always involve place bets, or does it do normal arbs too. I'm not quite sure how it matches the place bets on betfair up against the bookies. Does it use e/w with the bookies Vs 1 X place bet & 1 X win bet on betfair?

2) Do you have to manually place the bets, using your normal accounts, or is there an interface that you can use? (like betangel does for betfair)

3) If the answer to question 2 is yes, do you have sit at the PC, or are there any automatic modes where you set parameters, and it places the bets for you?

4) Does it work on any market, (Greyhounds for example) or only Horse Racing?

5) Would you reccomment a seperate betfair account to keep it more simple?

6) Until one could open a good few bookie accounts, did you notice any one or two bookies in particular that provided more oppertunities? i.e. Would you reccommend any bookie accounts above any others or were the oppertunities to arb pretty much spread evenly across all bookies?

7) Using 5 or 6 hundred quid, about how many arbs would you need to do to double a bank (just a rough guess)

8) Is there options you can set to take other variables into consideration? (for example, include betfair commission in the arb)

9) Does it include free updates, or will you have to buy it again when oddschecker & betfair change things around

It seems like a really great piece of software. I'm wondering if there is a 'catch'

Thanks.

Tada gan iarracht

You said a couple of questions! Have you read the instructions? It answers most of your questions.

1) Using EW is still normal arbing.

2) Yes & no, read the instructions....of course you have to actually the place a bet, the computer can not as yet read your mind :)

3) You can't have it auto, as you have to check the variables and decide whether to bet.

4) The hint may be in the title 'Value Horse Finder'

5) Yes

6) NO, you need them ALL.

7) Depends on profits, and stake. As I said, £5 EW, will make you £1-£3

8) Commission is included, hence I say you need to get it down....did you read the review? :)

9) Check there site, but I'm not aware of any software that makes you buy another copy after every tweak!!

10) I'm testing a beta version with RP Smartbet.

11) I've....finshed.......

Catch!! Did you read the review?

Thanks keith. Sorry, I know some of the questions were answered on their website, but the pc in college wont access certain websites for some reason unknown to me, and it would not open their site.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated

Tada gan iarracht

Bloody tight Irish....buy your own, stop breaking into the college!! :)

Sorry, 2 more questions

1) In your experience, when was the best time to arb? was it ante-post, early prices, or just before the OFF?

2) Do you reckon it would still be worth it if I was only using it one day a week (probrally on my day off midweek), or is it really aimed at people who are in front of a pc every day.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really like the look of it, and want to know as much as possible from someone who has actually used it, as sometimes the promo videos etc. can make it look a lot more simple than it is.

Thanks Again

Tada gan iarracht

I bet you are sorry you posted this now :D

Tada gan iarracht

1) When one appears!

2) Use it when you like.

It is simple.......even for the Irish :D

I'm not sorry I posted it......just sorry for your parents figuring out what sex was in 1980 :(

Keith, can i chime in with a question here. If you're doing fairly big stakes on bookmakers surely it will not take long to get limited. I was arbing the horses on and off when I had time, and sporting odds were quite often the best. It didn't take long at all to get limited witht them (and we're not talking massive wins here either, never more than a 500 bookmaker win). So, although this looks a great bit of software the question is whether it can be done long term because of bookmakers limiting your stakes/win.

You just open up a new account if you get limited :)

Seriously though, the vast majority of profits are with Betfair, you tend to lose long term with the bookmakers, so being limited is not really a problem, as you are basically taking advantage of Betfair odds being less than the bookmaker, and this tends to happen on unfancied horses.

Yeah true enough although for some reason I had quite a few with Sp odds,several times I had a 20/1 +winners Now if only I could pick those! Sp odds must have thought I had some kind of inside knowledge :D

Unfortunately they limited me down to £200 max win, then £100 now it's at £20 on horses which is pretty much useless. I agree though, they were by far the best priced bookmakers. If the others had been better might have been able to spread the bets around more!

I used to do this manually (http://www.win2win.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=23605), but it got to be adrag as bots seemed to mop most up before I got there. Its not the most exciting way of making money ever.

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

Will Hill are usually 2nd best, and then the Irish bookies.

OFF, the Bot has a scanner on it, and beeps when it finds an arb, so you don't have to sit watching it :)

Its an interesting bot, but I don't hav ethe time to add another thing to my list of betting to dos.

"Be Right and Sit Tight" - Jesse Livermore, trading legend...

Quote Originally Posted by Onlyforfun
    Its an interesting bot, but I don't hav ethe time to add another thing to my list of betting to dos.
    I tend to have that problem, only got another 5 bots to review

Now it's my go to ask a question - and yes I have read the reviews and the user guide :wink

You suggest starting with £500 in Betfair and £50 in several bookies' accounts. Would it be possible to start with less such as £100 in Betfair and £10 in bookies' accounts? Obviously with lower stakes the profit is lower but those of us who are tight northerners don't like taking much out the bank and their missus likes it even less

You can, but you'll only be talking about making 10p-50p profit with £1 EW bets. You did read this? http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=mathare&meta=

Which bit?

I found out about Mathare United when I was out in Kenya a few years back. Unfortunately their website doesn't have the merchandising set up yet because I really want a Mathare United shirt

I was just wondering if you need any help with the orphans? :D

my turn now keith.how often do you have to renew the license,and how much is it

One-off £97 - Didn't you read the review?

just a quick look when i clicked on to buy it said additional licence £50

That's if you want it on a 2nd PC :)

Question for Keith on this one really but any help appreciated.
    I have been using this for a while now with good results but i have some concerns.
    Non runners are my major concern as i will firstly get an inconsistent return with rule 4's and betfair deductions being different. and secondly with races where say there were 8 runners and 2 come out, i have to still pay out on the 3rd but not get the returns from the bookmakers.
    Should i wait till very near the off ???? and just try and keep an eye on it best i can or would it be considered that these dangers make it not worth pursuing. i find that the best arbs are in the morning but i guess that i'll heve to go nearer the off for liquidity in time.
    My approach from now on i think is going to be that i'll wait till near the off and i'll just have to hope i dont get done cheers sc

‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’

Keith's in bed at 10pm so I'll answer

It's as simple as this.

I do a lot of things to make money, and as long as they are profitable and worth doing, any cock-ups, or whatever that lose me some money are just acceptable losses. You are never going to squueze 100% efficiency out of it.

If I was making £800 on week on it, but non runners were costing me £200, that would be acceptable.

If however, the costs are running at around 50%, then adjustments should be made. It is all down to what you accept as acceptable losses. :)

Good bit of software that as well.

Note to newbies: You need a lot of betting accounts.

cheers Keith,
    I'll stick with it and just be as vigilant as i can be really rule 4's should not be too bad as betfair deductions should at least be compensative the only problem should be the place scenario so i will have to tackle certain field sizes nearer the off where as say a 14 runner field i would be unlikely to have 7 pulled unless its bevely and they are all drawn wrong cheers SC
    Would say that i have made excellent profits very easily from only £50 ew bookmaker bets you only need 3 or 4 aday at this level for an ok return will keep updating on how it fairs and yes you need alot of accounts

going ok with this a nice one on ravens pass today £50 in one go which is my biggest individual gain so far. Good thing is that i am at aloss with the bookies as most of the profit comes from betfair.

I have created my own system which does the same job as VHF and I know it works and one can make on an average £100-£200 per day. But it will not work for long as many bookies will stop taking each way bets from you or will limit liabilities to very low, Bookies like sportingbet etc will limit you in 2 days time. Another option is to go to book shops but that is not viable. But even if you manage to do this for 6 months you will make good enough profit.

Thread Information