Cookie Policy: This web site uses cookies. By using this site you agree to our cookie policy.
Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to the T&C. This is an information forum, and it is just that information, all views are of the individual poster and not that of the site owner. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material without the owners permission. If you copy news or articles include a link back to the original site. Threads/Posts may be deleted on request. No other links without permission.
BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION: Your question has probably been asked before, so please use the
SEARCH FUNCTION, as we grow tired of answering the same question again and again.

Thread: Follow the Maidens Qualifiers

Follow the Maidens Qualifiers

First Qualifier:

Thursday March 30th
    Lingfield 2:30

Royal Bandit

Had its first day at school at Kempton last Saturday and ran quite well just going down by a neck at 16-1. My notes about this horse were to not back it in a better event than he contested first time out until he was more proven. This basically means that I had my doubts about the quality of the opposition, hence the quality of the form.

Tomorrow's race is inferior to last saturday so this one should take all the beating if he's learned from his first time out.

Royal Bandit finished fourth. The horse drifted from 11-8 to 2-1 and ran very green. Still finished better than anything though and if the race was 6f he would have been a decisive winner. This horse remains in the tracking list but will only be backed in this grade (or maybe Cl5) again and at 6 furlongs.

Tomorrow's Qualifiers:

Monday April 3rd
    Southwell 2:30

Urban Warrior

Finished 2nd in his only two outings to date. Last time looked uncomfortable turning the bends and had too much to do to catch the front runner. Finished well though and looks a horse that will win at 6 or 7 furlongs. The trainer goes 5furlongs again today but I think more positive tactics (under Frankie Detorri) will see him break his duck.

Lingfield 2:40

Everyman

3rd in the Brocklesby last week which is obviously the best form in this contest today. Lost a lot of ground at the start and finished with some purpose. Looks sure to come on from that initial run and will take all the beating here if he's learned from his debut.

My opinion on forecast prices -

Urban Warrior - 8-13
    Everyman - 2-1

This is how I think they should be priced up but I think Everyman will be bigger (I hope he will) as they will probably make Fast Freddie favourite

So far:

Qualifiers: 1
    Winners: 0

Not working out so great...but anyway.

A little annoyed my horse tracker took a vacation this week and never let me know about stir crazy and Royal Bandit. The later lost again but Stir Crazy won well at 7-2.

Tomorrow's qualifier:

Rouen.

Another Brocklesby placer, looks sure to come on for that run and channon's juveniles are running great this year. Again caution is advised with the various newcomers in the field, especially Esparanto.

The Brocklesby form aint working out at all. All those qualifiers are being cut. The Danger wins at 4-1

Today's qualifiers (he says with reluctance)

Urban Warrior 2:10 Folkstone
    Everyman 2:10 Bath

Thread Information